09

☆ Lee Tae-Moon ☆

The tension in the tiny Hyundai could practically be cut by a knife. It was thick and stuffy. Tae-Moon felt trapped. He couldn't look at the older man. Therfore, he shifted his attention towards the window.

He watched the changing scenery. It transitioned from bustling and packed to quiet and scarce as they grew further, and further away from the school. The boy hoped his social worker wouldn't ask about Vasco.

Tae-Moon thought he was in the clear when he saw the man pull out a cigarette and rolled down the window from the outer corner of his vision. He then lit it with his lighter and sucked in the toxic air, releasing the puffy smoke after a couple of seconds passed.

Mr. Park chuckled softly before lifting the short stick to his chapped lips.

He's pissed. I should've just ignored Vasco!

The teen bit his lip as he eyed the other- who continued to smoke until the cigarette was just a mere bud. After he was done with it, he threw it out the window and rolled up the tinted glass.

At this point, Tae-Moon thought he could possibly be in the clear.

He only smokes when he's stressed or pissed, so maybe this had lowered his anger towards me talking to Vasco-.

"Who the hell was that boy?"

Mr. Park asked, his tone a frighteningly soft sound. The dark haired male gulped and turned his attention back to the window beside him. He felt slightly scared, the tone sounding like those of his old cellmates and past... acquaintances.

His social worker is a stern, old man. When you disobey him, there would be hell to pay for it.

Therefore, all the teen could do was lower his head.

"I think I asked you question, boy." He asked softly once again, the sinister under tone still present.

"I- it was a classmate." Tae-Moon whispered, raising his head slightly so he'll be heard.

Mr. Park found his answer amusing. He chuckled and nodded.

"You don't have to lie. I saw those tattoos and his build." The car came to a stopping point once the traffic lights ahead shown red.

The shivering boy only shook his head, his heart beating rapidly. "You can call the school, his name is EunTae Lee-"

"Still- you know what I said about talking to others... when we get home you are to do your homework, chores, and then eat dinner. No watching TV or going to the store. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir."