23

☆ Lee Tae-Moon ☆

Tae-Moon awakened from his deep slumber with a sigh, fluttering his dark, puffy and bruised eyes open.

It took some time to adjust to the light that seeped through his window, but once he did the boy gripped tightly onto his pale blue blanket.

He didn't want to get out of bed, to face the world and along with his social worker.

Even though Mr. Park had held him close and whisper comforting words, Tae-Moon knew he still was skating on thin ice.

Hm... more like I'm trying to keep afloat in the icy waters...

Sighing once more, Tae-Moon rolled onto his stomach and dove under his pillow. The cool side of the mattress relieved the stressed and slightly sweaty teen. He breathed in the smell of his clean sheet, resting his eyes once more as the scent of blue arm-n-hammer lulled the boy into a nap.

However, and of course, this moment of tranquility was brought to an end.

Mr. Park knocked on the door, opening it after the student let out a soft "come in."

He could hear his social worker grumble underneath his breath, most likely once he saw that state the younger was in.

Nevertheless, the man kept his comments to himself and sat down on Tae-Moon's bed. He rested his clasped hands in his lap and gave out a long sigh.

"What happened Tae-Moon?" He asked, his stern, raspy tone still intact- but surprisingly his voice was soft.

Will he... believe me?

Hope rumbled in Tae-Moon's chest as he rolled onto his back and sat up, clutching the blankets around him so they could rest on his head and body.

He then locked eyes with Mr. Park, who held a stern gaze.

Tae-Moon cleared his throat and then started.

He first told the older man in detail about how he was jumped while heading towards the restroom...

...But then loosely telling him about what happened with his "savior".

"Then this man offered me a ride and dropped me off at a convenience store nearyby. I got myself a drink and... you know the rest."

Mr. Park hummed and then leaned back, looking out the window with a far-away look.

What he said next, shocked the male.

"That's heartbreaking-n-all, but it's not what happend."

Tears began to pool around Tae-Moon's swollen eyes. He scanned the older man with confused eyes, noticing the way he looked disheveled. His usually combed hair was messy and looked greasy, and clothes that were always in top shape was missing a tie and looking crinkled.

What happened to Mr. Park? And why is he not STANDING UP FOR ME, BELIEVING ME?

A feeling of rage but also disappointment spilled in his gut.

Of course... Mr. Park isn't my dad... why would he do such a thing?

"What happened then, Mr. Park?"

Tae-Moon asked, looking away and towards the door. Just like his social worker's eyes, the boy's voice held a far-away tone.

Mr. Park chuckled and shrugged.

"You got sick with a virus and have to quarantine for two weeks. The left over bruises will be from an accident you had at the hospital... I already had the incident report prepared."

Tae-Moon looked back at the man with wide eyes. He was taken back by what he said. The dark-haired boy could only formulate a shaky "W-what?".

His social worker shook his head and locked eyes with the younger male. He then raised a brow and gave a chuckle filled of mockery.

"There's no way in hell your parole officer would believe you. I'm saving your ass, now come out and eat breakfast."