36

☆ Narrator ☆

It's a cold October night, weather that Jacedaichi is all too familiar with. Therfore, he doesn't mind the skin biting cool air of which drafted into his home. The case at hand he's working on is far too complex to put aside. The atmosphere he finds himself is relaxing. Smooth, low jazz plays in the background as his world is a monochromatic black and white scheme.

So far, the detective hasn't found much.

And that in itself is suspicious.

Who the hell is this kid? There isn't a single record of him online...

Those thoughts ran wildly in his head- as well as many theories. He speculated, at some point, Tae-Moon might be a North defector.

The only lead he's made so far is that Mr. Park is in fact not his father. Of course, this lead to even more questions. And with more questions, pushed him to search deeper. With some school files- that Jacedaichi absolutely didn't steal, he was able to find Tae-Moon's caretaker's identity.

The teen stares wide eyed, his jaw dropped and skin tingling.

A cop... he's some juvenile detention worker...

The low jazz in the air started to accelerate, becoming faster with every piece of information he found. By researching Mr. Park, Jacedaichi found pandora's box. With a click of a mouse and some typing, all his cases flooded the screen. The old man is a hardworker- that's for sure. His cases range from recent all the way to the early 80s.

One that caught his attention took place two to almost three years ago.

A fire in a more rural province, involving a gang, kid, and cult.

He had to sit back and think over the case. It was shocking, horrible to say the least. The dark haired male's fingers trembled as he downloaded the documents and put them into a folder on his computer. Part of the puzzle was completed. Now all what's left now is who is hurting Tae-Moon and why?

"Any updates, Detective?" The sound of Vasco's voice sent him jumping in his seat from shock.

Jacedaichi turned around.

At the sight of his friend standing in the doorway of the bedroom, all color started to fall back onto his world. The jazz music came to a halt in a dramatic, climatic way and the cold air became warm.

Vasco raised an eyebrow, eyeing the teen's yellow suit and pants.

"Bro-?"

"Don't question it. Anyway, to answer your question, I have solved half the puzzle." Jace stated, turning back to his laptop quickly to hide his flustered face. Embarrassment crept into his body, he didn't even hear him come in. He was just so caught up in his world.

"Come here, you gotta read this... it's about Tae-Moon's past."

A nervous and guilty feeling tugged at his heart, making him fidgety as he walked in the small bedroom and towards the desk settled to the left next to the bed. After getting comfortable on the mattress and wrapping Jace's blanket around his towering frame, he leaned in closer over his shoulder.

His eyes adjusted to bright screen for a second before becoming wide.

"Oh God..." He muttered. His heart sank and thumped rapidly. Confusion swept into his mind, invading every crevice and taking over. It seemed like time stopped. To the architecture student, it was so he can soak up all the information he intakes with every word his gaze falls onto.

"I... I never would've thought he could do that. He doesn't seem like a killer to me." Vasco's voice trailed off. He ran a trembling hand through his once neatly combed, dark hair. He sighed a shaky break, now seriously considering if he should pursue helping Tae-Moon still.

"He's a bad guy..."

Jace looked up to his friend, alarmed.

"Are you going to give up on helping him? Look, it seemed like thay cult had a shady busines with the gang. Maybe he was being abused or something? Things that happened that- I don't know- the police didn't want to report? Let's think about this a little-?"

Vasco shook his head, falling back onto the mattress. The bed springs squeaked under his weight, the foam mattress engulfing his muscular and hefty physique.

"Why does he seem so normal?" He whispered, his vision clouding with every troubling thought crossed his mind.

Jace sighed. "Maybe he doesn't remember? His mental evaluation that was conducted before his release reported a case of 'localized amnesia'- pretty much he can't recall the events that happened because it was traumatizing."

Vasco sighed once more, closing his eyes to gather his thoughts. However, the pale teen didn't allow. He stood up from his chair and holsted him out of the blanket and onto his feet. His friend gazed down, wide-eyed at Jace- whom stared up with a fierce expression.

"Bro, we have to continue this case. Whoever Tae-Moon is working for could be taking advantage of him. Maybe it's people that knew the gang or cult. We don't know. But let's get the whole story before we abandon a friend." Jace spoke sternly.

Vasco could only nod.

"Okay... Okay... let's figure out where he works... detective."

The shorter male smirked. Pools of black and white poured around him in his world, which the air filled with the same accelerating jazz music sounded. A cool air swept into the room, fanning Jace's suit and Vasco's suddenly appearing blue one. His friend ditched the blanket and grabbed onto his shoulder.

"Let's go."

The hunt for Tae-Moon and his bosses began.

Ayee, another update.

Hope you all liked it.

Because it will be last nice one until after the next 1 or 2 updates :)

Happy Father's Day, good afternoon, and Feliz Navidad and boots with the fur.

- moon babe