47

☆Tae-Moon☆

The cool wind whips through Tae-Moon's hair and clothes as he runs, carrying the tears away of which slide rapidly down his face. His backpack feels heavy on his broad shoulders, lowering his stamina by the minute. He dodges bystanders, not even noticing when they threw swears at him. The teen just couldn't stop.

He yearns to leave this city and everyone behind. His biggest secret- of which he doesn't have complete recollection of- has been discovered. Tae-Moon's heart burns and throat tightens. A sob threatened to spill past his lips. He doesn't allow it to, though, and insteads focus in on his surroundings.

Tae-Moon finds himself in a district in development. Everything is either abandoned or run down to nothing. It's eerily dark and quiet. Nothing but his hurried breaths and barely functioning street lamps accompanied him. Ruins of the past is what Mr. Park would call this place.

"Stay clear from some of these places. Sometimes sketchy people hide out here."

Goosebumps appear upon his skin, yet he decides to welcome this adventure.

Tae-Moon wanders the forgotten neighborhood, his eyes full of curiosity. It seem like a bustling place long ago. Old magazines and newspapers dated from the earlier 2000s are still in gloveboxes while the locals stores look ransacked. Broken glass, which he stays mindful of, and paling trash litters the ground. Vines and vegetation have started to grow back. In some places, the cement of sidewalks are cracked and rooftops are caved in.

His journey comes to a halt when he finds a pack of colorful chalk. It's outdated and the color looks sunbaked. Although, this doesn't stop him from sitting down and carefully undoing the worn out plastic wrap. When each stick is unsealed, his hand clutches a faded orange one.

It didn't take long for Tae-Moon to start drawing. His hand moves swiftly and careful. Each stroke is careful and precisely placed. The colors he uses vary. He's trying to draw a face by memory, smiling when everything came into picture.

It's Mr. Park, and in this piece he's smiling. Pride rests in his eyes and shine. The teen sighs and adds a messy signature beside it.

I miss him a lot... I hope he comes back soon...

Tae-Moon continues to draw. As time passes forward, his heartbeat eases into a peaceful rhythm. It was relaxing to do this. He realizes now that artists weren't kidding when they said drawing is therapeutic.

The teen doesn't know how late it is after awhile. He yawns and stretches, frowning slightly.

"If he could see me right now, Mr. Park would beat my a--" His words fade into silence when he catches sight of sleek white car pulling up.

Ah heck nah. I'm not about to be plot of a Netflix documentary.

Before he can stand up, the vehicle is already in front of him.

Shit...

The windows are tinted and the paint shiny. He doesn't know what model it is. However, it looks new and luxurious.

The backseat window rolls down, causing his heartbeat to speed back up and hands to grow clammy.

Please don't let it be those guys-

"Mr. Lee! I have been wanting to speak to you." The stranger's voice is soft yet tone commanding. The inside of the luxurious car is dark, Tae-Moon couldn't see anything except for a pair of circular glasses that reflected against the street lamp behind him.

The teen's eyes sharpen into a suspicious glare.

Despite feeling fearful, he isn't in the mood to be messed with by another rich, elitist gangster.

"Why don't you screw off? Don't you see I'm busy?" He says, going back to drawing on the pavement with the forgotten chalk.

He draws white Lilys in a blue vase, making sure to add details to the petals with a faded pink. His hand works expertly and this amazes him. Tae-Moon concludes this to muscle memory.

Perhaps I liked art a lot as a kid...

His thoughts are waved away when the stranger swiftly exits the car and sits across from him. His white suit and blue and white striped tie is what the teen notices first. Tae-Moon's eyes widen and meet the other's quickly.

Is this guy seriously that arrogant? I- why are these rich people like this? Do they enjoy bothering people like me? And ruining their clothes?

"Dude, you're suit!" He points out, already taking notice of the dust and grime staining the expensive material. The stranger simply smiles, his eyes crinkling and head tilting to the side.

"It's alright, I can replace it." He takes a piece of chalk and quietly begins to draw alongside the student.

Tae-Moon stares at him in confusion. He processes the situation he's in with difficulty. The teen did feel fear for the unknown, yet also curiosity. This stranger knows his name and even where to find him.

Tae-Moon hopes he isn't a part of Dagyum's group. Yet-- if it were-- shouldn't they be with him? Usually Goo and Gun took great pleasure in the teen's discomfort and pain.

Therefore, he takes in the stranger's appearance one more.

His companion looks peaceful, the small smile still gracing his lips. The dark bangs on his forehead cast a shadow, but doesn't conceal his eyes. They are behind a pair of circular glasses and remind him of the night. His skin is fair and stature lean. He doesn't seem to pose a threat physically-- but Tae-Moon knows all too well that looks can be deceiving.

"Who are you?" The harsh tone he used before is now gone.

The stranger hummed thoughtfully and drew a big circle around his drawing. He then disregards the chalk and dust his hands off. Tae-Moon's gaze finally avert to the pavement. His eyes widen once more.

It's drawings of four stickman, each with distinct features; yellow hair, black glasses, pink hair, and a brown trench coat. A shiver runs down his spine and his heartbeat increases more. He slowly locked eyes with him.

"I'm you're ally. My name is Eugene."

Yoo this chapter came out quicker than I thought >:)

I hope you all enjoyed.

Remember to floss your gums and brush your teeth.

Also, to summarize, my school allows students to take college classes (Dual). This semester is going to end soon and I have three assignments left; Culture Paper (2-3 pages + a reference page), Reflection Paper (essay over what 3 topics we like/relate to), and a second Exam.

It's easy stuff, but the Culture Paper is due on the 7th of April. Therefore, I'm most likely not going to update at all. Idk about the second paper and exam, it's a give or take sorta situation at this point.

Anyway, take care 🫡🌸

-mb