24

☆ Lee Tae-Moon ☆

A crisp, soft wind drifted and ran along Tae-Moon's exposed milky skin, sweeping the smell of a nearby food vendor along with the red and orange floral life. The boy shivered slightly upon feeling the wind dance on his arms and face. However, he still kept his hands on the black straps of his mini Blackpink backpack.

The short male has been traveling for some time, fifteen minutes to be exact. There was a slight ache in his calfs which conformed that.

A gentle sigh left his pink lips when he saw the familar convenience store- the same one he was dropped off over a month ago.

Yes.

A month ago.

And Tae-Moon still hasn't applied for the job Dagyum presented to him.

He had reasons, though.

I can't trust him so blindly, even though the job is legit and checks out online- that doesn't mean it does legally. There was something shady about him, along with the other men in the car... maybe they are the kind of gangsters that take advantage of the weak minded...

The boy scoffed and tightened his grip. He felt almost offended as much as he does curious...

Another reason is that I have been left alone by Zack Lee's goons... the reason- I have no idea...

It irked him, don't usually bullies harass until they get beat up? That's what I see on those K-Dramas....

Tae-Moon frowned.

Even though it's been four months since he has been released, the young student was still confused by certain things. He grew up sheltered, so his past knowledge couldn't be applied to the present. Along with that he was just a child when he was locked up- so his memory was fuzzy and unreliable.

Sometimes- but really all the time- Tae-Moon felt like he was in an unfamiliar world.

A loner, a long forgotten outcast rejected by society when he committed the crimes he did.

Crimes that the dark haired student has completely forgot.

Or... maybe they are just being blocked? Tae-Moon had read somewhere that the brain blocks certain traumatic events so it can function...

...so it won't break down and cause person to be a shell of what they once were...

So it won't be broken...

Another sigh escaped, but this time more on the relieved side.

He had just arrived at the doors of the glowing store, which shone brightly in the dark and depressing underdeveloped neighborhood.

With little to no effort, Tae-Moon swung the right door open and walked in. He smiled slightly, happy that his body was no longer sore.

As well as his progress in working out and becoming stronger.

The activity was pushed by Mr. Park, which he didn't mind.

The world will eat him up and spit him out if he lets them...

Like Doo Lee had.

The boy's jaw unintentionally clenched at the memory.

I will never let that happen again...-

Tae-Moon's thoughts stopped along with his body when his eyes landed at the front counter.

The sight he saw before him made his skin crawl with anger and disgust.

The kind, cute, and short clerk was towered over by Doo Lee and his goons.

Is this why... Is THIS WHY THEY LEFT ME ALONE?

It was obvious that they were bullying him- no, harassing him.

Doo Lee held a phone to the chubby boy's face. Tae-Moon guessed the screen showed an embarrassing and inappropriate photo by the way he reacted.

His face became a red color as he bit lips.

Tears were pooling from his dark eyes and streaming down his flushed, pink cheeks- a bruise on the right one.

Tae-Moon felt his body tense as every fiber in his body screamed for him to do one thing.

To break every bone.

However, the teen knew he had to go about this the right way.

He was outnumbered and a shitty fighter.

That didn't stop him from grabbing a nearby pack of gum and throwing it at Doo Lee's head though.

The shop, which once held vindictive tones and quiet whimpers, was now silent.

Their heads snapped to the pale male and eyes widened.

Tae-Moon broke the silence with the sentence he called out with an angered tone.

"What do you think you all are doing?!"

I am so sorry for such the long wait!

Tbh my life became a poorly written and dramatic soap opera for over a month.

What has been happening isn't over yet- but it has gotten better... along with my mental health.

So now I am here, giving you long awaited updates~ :)

Thank you all for the views, votes, and comments!!

I appreciate you all, and is grateful for your patience.

-Mitsuki