Two birds

Summary: you and Thomas were best friends in life, then Thomas dies and has to watch you marry and then be killed

So this is gonna be a proper sad one, but don't worry, you get a happy ending

I'm writing this based on the song, two birds by Regina Spektor

Warnings: death, angst, blood, death and mentions of abuse.

This was requested by sanny_x0x0

Enjoy, and sorry for the wait.

Also, this character is AFAB but uses she/they pronouns cuz I said so.

________________________________________________________________

Two birds on a wire,
One tries to fly away,
And the other,
Watches him close from that wire,
He says he wants to as well
But he is a liar.

You and Thomas had been friends your whole lives, your families had been close friends, so in turn you had been the best of friends. You were born about the same time, only 2 days apart, which strengthened your bond.

When you were both 18 you had both realized you had fallen for one another, Thomas had written you a poem and brought you flowers to let you know. You began courting and loved one another for years. You had encouraged him none stop throughout his career in poetry, constantly letting him know how beautiful every single one was, nearly all of them about you.

Though always encouraging, the thing you did not like, or should I say, the person you didn't like, was his slimy, cruel cousin, Francis Button.

He would constantly flirt with you and make crude and inappropriate comments, you would always reject his advances and try to tell Thomas, only for him to say that Francis didn't mean it like that, and to try give him and chance.

Eventually you were both invited to Button house for a party, though you tried to persuade him not to, but he insisted it would be fine, so you both went to said party.

I'll believe it all
There's nothing I won't understand...
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand.

You had stuck close to Thomas the entire time, your hands clasped together, Thomas constantly smiling down at you

' are you quite alright dear?' Thomas asked when he finally noticed your tight grip on his hand

' no... something... seems off...' you muttered

' come now, nothing is off love, it's just a party, you don't need to worry' he said smiling at you

You bit your lip but nodded. Before seeing Francis come over and tell Thomas it was his turn to present something, so he told a poem, about a couple you had both met years ago.

Two birds on a wire
One says come on
And the other says I'm tired.

' AND HE ALWAYS... HER ROGER!!' He said loudly and dramatically.

Everyone clapped unenthusiastically whereas you clapped properly with a smile, he had told you that poem many times when you couldn't sleep.

' that was beautiful my dear' you said happily

He smiled gratefully,' thank you, my sweet y/n'

After a while Francis comes over and whispers something to Thomas with an evil glint in his eyes and a cruel smirk on his lips.

A look of fury crosses Thomas' features, and he storms over to a man to confront him over, what you assumed Francis had told him. You gave him a glare ' I swear, if I find out you-'