German?!

Description: you're a ww2 German fighter pilot, however you didn't want to fight in the war. Cap slowly and begrudgingly falls for you.

Requested by: tinfoil-hats

I really hope this is ok! Obviously reader uses he/him pronouns :)

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________

You had died in 1944, after being shot down above button house, you were very distant for a while, noticing the looks of disgust on the other ghosts faces ( except robin, he knows no one is perfect). However as they got to know you, the ghosts realized you hadn't agreed with hitlers actions and were forced to fight in that war.

When captain died, he noticed your uniform immediately and got into a fight with you.

' you!? YOURE A GERMAN SOLDIER?! You- your people killed millions! How- how could you?!' He had cried.

' i- I am sorry sir, I didn't-'

' keep away from me.' He had spat before walking away to try understand what was going on.

You of course knew why he felt such hate towards you, you probably would have felt the same if you were in his shoes.

Over the years, you only ever spoke to captain when it was essential, and each time, cap seemed to be less filled with hatred. You see, the other ghosts had slowly been convincing him that you hadn't wanted to do what you had, and that half the time you had bombed places that couldn't harm people.

Sorry idk loads about the German side of ww2, only that the British tricked them into thinking they weren't using radars and instead were able to see them cuz they ate lots of carrots.

In 2000, was the first time you and captain had a proper conversation.

' happy new year captain' you had said quietly, as you did every year.

Captain looked at you for a second and for the first time replied to you on new years,
' yes... uh. Happy new year y/n...' he had said softly

' thank you...'

It was awkward for moment until he said, ' uhm... the other ghosts told me that... that it wasn't your choice... is that true?'

' hm? Oh Ja...' you cleared your throat, ' sorry... yes, it's true not many soldiers had much choice. Hitler was a merciless man'.

Captain nodded for a moment, taking the information on board, trying to get used to the idea of not hating a German.

' I see... well... uhm... thank you for not ... wanting to kill us?' Captain said awkwardly as more of a question before clearing his throat, giving you a tight smile and walking away.

Well... that's progress... you thought to yourself.

Over time, captain slowly ( and I mean slowly) began to get closer to you, no longer coming out with snide comments or treating you like some kind of villain.

He began to realize he was falling in love with you... but he couldn't do that... you were a German... and worse, a man.

He needed to think about this... he couldn't, just accept this the way he had with... him....

Heyyy

I really struggled with this one cuz cap wouldn't even think about liking a German I don't think.

So yeah... i tried

I hope you enjoyed this
Have a good day
Byeeee