Into the Beyond

Description: you and Mary are the best of friends, and had been around at the same time, you had got into a relationship while you were alive, only to be killed at the same time. You 'live' together for years until she moves on

This is kind of going to be like Mary's recollection of annie, but with you two instead.

Y/n uses she/her pronouns

This was requested by BeepBeepBaudelaires

Warnings for: death, mentions of burnings and angst

________________________________________________________________

You and Mary had died at the same time, you see, being from the same village and being good friends meant you saw each other every day, eventually you had discovered that perhaps your feelings were more than platonic, and Mary eventually told you, worrying that it was against the Bible or god, you replied with ' I don't thinks it's mentioned in the Bible's Mary... it can't be that bad...'

So from there you had formed a relationship, that you kept quiet as it was different, people didn't like different in those days.

However eventually you were both found out for being in a relationship after a woman had seen the two of you kiss, this caused you both to be accused of witch craft. She had been burned at the stake while you were hung for your 'crimes' ( not that they were truly criminal but people were idiots)

They believed if you had been killed differently and separated ( in different areas of the land) then you could not find each other.

How idiotic of them.

So from there, you both were happy ( as you can be while dead ) living in the afterlife.

When Annie came along, you both formed a good friendship with her, and you both found your voices thanks to her. Before she moved on...

After her, you both kind of kept yourselves to yourselves, other than kitty and Humphrey, you both liked them because they were less judgmental/Loud than the others.

You both shared a room, not to do anything that Julian liked to think you did, but just to hold one another, and enjoy each others company, that's something that never changed, you never got sick of each other, forever devoted to the other.

This is until that fateful day...

You and Mary walked into the living room talking about baskets and things you both enjoyed. When you noticed everyone panicking over where robin had gone.

' he's been sucked off!' Mary smiled

'Lucky sod' you muttered, jealously

This was before captain saw him in the garden with some baby mice, that's when a light began to glow down on you and Mary, you backed away, almost nervously, noticing it didn't move, so it was only for Mary.

Your eyes widened as she began to rise upwards, ' Mary...' you murmured

She smiled at you and gave a small wave, it was almost comforting considering...

Then she was gone... you looked at the empty space where she had been, tears filling your eyes, you had seen many people move on... but none of them affected you like this one...

This was different, this one hurt, like the pain you get when you eat something hot too quickly, and it burns in your chest.

Kitty came up to you and hugged you tightly, knowing how close you and Mary had been. She hugged you while you just stared at the same spot...

For hours you wouldn't even leave your room, you couldn't face the other ghosts, in a way, it annoyed you the way they all acted this way, you felt that you had been the only one who truly knew her, of course this wasn't the case but it was the grief that made you feel this.

after a while of being curled up on your bed, Alison came in after knocking
' uh... hi...I know you and Mary were... you know... I thought you'd like to know we're doing like a little goodbye ceremony... memorial thing for her in the orchard... uhm we didn't want to disturb you earlier but it's starting in five minutes if you want to come?'

You looked up at her, standing awkwardly in the door way - you couldn't blame her, you were never like this- you bit your lip in thought before nodding in agreement
'Thank yous Al-son, I'll come now' you muttered, your words kind of slurring together, a nasty feature from being hung.

Throughout the ceremony you stayed quiet, smiling softly at the items put in Mary's basket, finally accepting she had moved on...

You all were now outside, looking at the stars, you and Humphrey sat together, listening to robins speech.

'Goodbye Mary... I'll see you soon' you muttered so quietly that only Humphrey heard you.

Hi!

This is rubbish I'm sorry! I'm working on writing for Mary, it's just taking some getting used to!

I hope this was ok ish

Have a good day

Byee