A friend of a similar sort

WARNING! SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5! But only in this little description bit, dw.

Description: captain makes friends with someone who is very similar to him

This is not a romantic thing, I'm just extremely sad and I want James to have a friend 😭😭😭

Also, how are we all doing after episode 5?

Y/n's pronouns are she/her ( as I said obviously this isn't a romantic thing, it will make sense soon )

Also, there's a lot of Alison appreciation in this because I adore her and I'm gay and I am actually in love. I understand Thomas, truly.
________________________________________________________________

You had died when you were only 30 after being stabbed by your best friend, this had happened after she had found out about your attraction to her, from then on, you never spoke of your life and tried to keep yourself to yourself, which was very hard considering you lived with over 8 other ghosts who constantly wanted to know about your life, seeing as you had died away from the ghosts and none of them had seen what had happened or why... well no one except the captain...

Naturally, seeing as he knew, the two of you became closer, you could often be found together around the house either judging something or someone, or just idly chattering, especially about the war

You were one of the few people who listened to the captain talk about the war, that was one of the things that made the two of you click, you were desperate to learn all about it, having done your A levels in history and watched almost every history documentary in your life time, so it was amazing meeting all these people from different times, but the war was something you found the most interesting.

At first Julian - who hadn't realized either yours or the captains orientations - had made jokes and poked fun at the two of you, until Julian noticed how your eyes would follow women and captains would follow men. And from then on, the jokes and mocking stopped entirely ( on that topic anyway).

When Alison and mike had arrived, you had been stood next to the captain, his eyes had widened when he had seen Mikey ' yes he'd make a fine soldier'

Whilst your jaw practically dropped at the sight of Alison, you had met pretty women in your time but you almost swooned at seeing the new lady of the house, ' oh my...' you had muttered

Before you and captain looked at one another with a snicker, both laughing at the other. 

As the Coopers settled in, and wandered the house, all of you ghosts had followed, muttering about things they said, as mike looked into your room, he said something about a man cave to which you gasped in horror, ' ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is my room, these people cannot come here and destroy the place!' You fumed, though the two living people couldn't hear you, you still complained about the changes the two planned.

Eventually you all got used to Alison and Mike, especially after she had been pushed out the window and could now interact with you all.

Life seemed to settle into a routine, the captain would go for his run, then Alison would walk through the house turning pages, turning music, games and TV on, before telling captain his running score.

She tended to chat to you whilst waiting for the captain, before the soldier came bursting through the door, almost running through the wall, only for Alison to inform him that he was no faster.

' Cap, I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure, you won't get faster, you're dead mate' you insisted, only to be told, 'we didn't win the war with attitudes like that!'

This became the routine, people came and went too and from button house, it just became the normal for you all, when the wedding happened, you were amazed at the fact that it was a wedding with two brides - as kitty put it.

Being born in the late 70's, you had died in the 2000's, so lesbian weddings were extremely frowned upon even then, so it was like a breath of fresh air when you watched two women get married.

Captain had also been pleased to hear that homosexuality is 100% no longer illegal, he had probably been one of the most supportive of the wedding and insisted it go smoothly  (though naturally at button house, it did not)

A lot happened in that house, weddings, documentaries, almost thefts, fraud, and even bears. Yet throughout yours and captain's friendship stayed strong, though you had the odd argument here and there over difference of opinion, you still stayed close, he was like the brother you never had.

Hiiii

Idk why I wrote this, I just want captain to have a friend and I think, especially after the thing for - Red Nose Day I believe???? - with Kylie Minogue, he would definitely be friends with a woman who was gay.

So yeah, also i got a comment asking for an update, I am so shocked that this book is still going, I was so sure it would fail but here we are, still going on chapter seventy, I am so greatful to everyone who gives feedback, and enjoys this book.

Thank you all

Have a good day
Byeee