Guardian angel

Description; you were on holiday in America when you were 22, you had witnessed a cop try shooting a family and jumped in front of a young boy. That boy was Mike.

Requested by: gabybara

Y/n uses he/him pronouns!

I absolutely adore this idea! Thank you for this idea! Honestly, I hope I do the  image you have of it, justice!

Warnings: mentions of being shot.

Enjoy!
________________________________________________________________

When you were 22, you had been on holiday in America, when you had been walking down the street to see a family being practically harassed by a police officer, claiming their little boy had stolen something, the police officer then pulled out a gun and aimed it towards the boy.

'OI DONT YOU DARE!!!!' You screamed, running in front of the boy, holding him behind you, you looked down feeling a burn in your chest, your shirt, which had been white, what now a gruesome red.

' MIKE! Oh my god thank you so- ... oh..' his mother cried out, rushing forward only seeing your chest she gasped.

' it's... alright' you muttered before collapsing.

•••

After you died, you had become a ghost, however, not a normal one that stays where it dies, no, you were now assigned as like a guardian angel. You had been assigned to an elderly lady who had all her life been treated like rubbish, but she had treated everyone with respect and kindness.

So she had been assigned a guardian angel. You didn't really know who assigned you, you had been spoken to by a kind lady when you first died who explained your job,shown who you would protect, and then you weren't told again. You were just teleported to the person you needed to help and then you were attached to them. That is till they died, then they would pass you onto someone else.

It was a hard job to do, constantly seeing people die who you became close with, see being a guardian angel, meant you could speak and even touch the person you were there to watch over.

You watched as Harry, your latest client passed on, ' goodbye old friend' you muttered sadly.

You shut your eyes as you felt yourself moving, being taken to your new charge.

You opened your eyes in the living room of a lovely house, it was very large, you looked around seeing lots of people, you looked around for your charge, these people all looked at you, ah they're ghosts.

' OHHH MY GOD! ALISON!!!' They all screeched, "Alison" came running in, with a man following close behind, who was in the middle of a conversation.

' ALISON THIS GUY JUST APPEARED IN THE LIVING ROOM!' They all screeched.

'... ali...' Mike muttered, as if he had seen a ghost ( pun intended), ' ALI' he said louder

Ah, that's your charge. You stared for a moment, ' ohhh! I know you!!! It's Mike right? You're still alive?! That's amazing!!!'

' a-Ali... you can see him right?' He asked softly

Alison nodded, ' you can too? So what?'

' so... I know for a fact he has been dead for over a decade...' he said shakily.

' wait what?! The others are in here, can you see them?'

' no!'

' woahhh woah! Hang on, you can see me?' You asked pointing at the woman.

' yeah... I hit my head so I can see ghosts...' she briefly explained.

' ah!! That makes my life so much easier! I can give you both advice! You know how many people I've adviced then their partners been like " uh no listen to me not the dead guy" Like... IM A GUARDIAN?!?!' You ranted annoyed at how often that happened.

' ah... sorry I should probably explain! Right, so I'm y/n! Uhm, and Micheal, I'm your guardian angel! '

' what?!'

•••

It took A LOT of getting used to for Mike and Alison ( and the other ghosts for that matter)

But they got used to you being there and being able to talk to Mike as well, they realized you could touch him when you had dragged him backwards when he was nearly hit by a car whilst out.

' my god, I thought you'd be smarter than this Mike!' You complained.

' oh yeah, I can touch you. Only you tho, and the other ghosts of course' you laughed.

You got many questions from the ghosts, especially kitty, Humphrey and captain.

' so how does one become a guardian angel?' - captain

' I don't really know... I think it's because I died saving a life... Mike's as it happens' you chuckled, which caused a load more questions about that!

' how many people have you helped?' - Humphrey

' hmm... well there was Debbie, she was a star, though she had dreams about going to another universe... she told me about them constently, she never seemed to tell her husband... bob? Or was it Peter? I can't remember'

'Then there was Solomon, he was an absolute dunce, honestly, he died drowning, I tried to save him, but... it was suicide sadly... I could do nothing... when a charge WANTS to die, my power practically disappears, all I can do is watch and bless them to heaven.'

Anyway, then there was Bob, he was a weather man, died from a heart attack after getting too excited' you laughed softly, ' then my last charge was Harry, he was an absolute dear, honestly, such a kind man.'

You often spoke about your charges, especially to Humphrey who was extremely interested in your 'job' as an angel.

He often just called you angel instead of your name, due to your 'occupation'

You had admitted a while ago you loved Humphrey, he felt the same, you were so grateful to get a young charge, because it meant you had ages at button house, with Humphrey.

' I love you Humphrey... so much' you whispered as you sat outside with him on night watch.

You often became down at the idea that one day you would have to leave him...

But you had the now... that's what matters

HII!

I didn't mean for that to kind of be less about Humphrey but yk, I was kind of excited by this idea of a guardian angel ghost!

I hope y'all noticed the hints from other fandoms I dropped in there :)

I hope you enjoyed this!
Have a good day!
BYEEE