I know...

Description: captain realizes his feelings for pat and decides to tell him

Requested by: NotBee_real

Again, this is a pairing between two of the ghosts so this doesn't have y/n in it :)

Be aware!! There are a few season 5 spoilers if you have not watched it, i wouldn't advise reading this!!!!

Warnings: angst

I really hope you enjoy this and it's what you were expecting!

________________________________________________________________

The captain - James - was sat alone in his room, he hadn't gone for his morning run, nor gone down for the first club of the day.

It was his death day today, and the ghosts tended to avoid him and let him do whatever he felt like on this day, it usually resulted in lots of exercise and drills from when he was alive.

However today, he couldn't even find it in him to leave his bed, he had sat up but then a wave of sadness washed over him, memories of this room, this house, the gardens and most importantly, Anthony (havers) came flooding back.

The scene he was replaying in his head, was his death, why had he broken in, why not just wait till after to speak to Anthony...

Instead he had died basically in the man's arms unable to admit his love for him.

James often worried that he had got Anthony into trouble, possibly worse, with how his death had played out, surely some of the soldiers would have understood what they were talking about...

Eventually, Captains mind moved away from havers and his death, and instead he began thinking of someone else... Pat.

He hadn't seen pat as more than a friend until a few years back, when he had helped him overcome a panic attack, the kindness that Pat usually displayed, was doubled that day.

Captain slowly came to realize how much he and pat had bonded and frowned as he discovered his love for pat...

Normally he would repress it, that's what he did in life, but the more he pondered in the cool, quiet room he slept in, the more courage and confidence he felt about telling Pat.

Of course, this wasn't courage nor confidence, it was fear, fear of losing the man he loved without telling him.

Captain picked up the swagger stick that was next to him, stood up and marched through the door and down to the living room.

As he entered, everyone turned to look at him, pity on some faces, respect on others. But he ignored the looks and walked up to pat and muttered, ' Patrick, may I speak with you... in private'

Pat gave him a look that could only be described as petrified. However the scout leader nodded slowly and stood up, apologizing to robin who was speaking about how foxes tasted before following James out of the room.

When they got outside, and out of earshot, pat looked worried, 'alright cap? I know it's your dea-'

'Sorry... uh not to interrupt you Patrick, but there is something I must say with great urgency otherwise I fear I shall never say it'

To this, pat nodded and cocked his head to the right, he much resembled a golden retriever whilst doing this which captain took note of.

' I... in life I did not have many... romantic relationships... the ones I had where meaningless... then I met someone... a-Anthony... and he meant a lot to me... more than I care to admit... but I lost him... then I met you Pat... and... I can't lose you too...'

Pat's eyebrows creased together as he listened, he fiddled with his finger nails as he waited for captain to finish.

' w-well ... I think what I am trying to say is... that I have grown rather fond of you... I... I- '

Pat then took a step forward and muttered, ' I know cap... I feel the same' before pulling him in for a soft kiss.

Hey!

You have no idea how much I enjoyed writing this and the parallels between havers' ' I know' and pats ' I know' 

They're probably a bit out of character but yk there's only so well I can write.

I hope this was enjoyable and what was asked for

Have a good day
Byeee