Non binary

Description: you're Alison and mikes child and you come out to them, they're really supportive but Alison has to explain to the ghosts ( you can see ghosts but obviously they'll listen to Alison more)

Requested by: RachelBonnar

Obviously y/n uses they/them pronouns

Anyway I hope you enjoy this!

________________________________________________________________

You had lived in button house since you were 13, when you and your mum and dad had been looking for an apartment to live in ( sick of living with your grandma and grandad for obvious reasons), Alison had got a phone call, saying she had inherited button house...

From then on you had all lived in button house, you were shook at the amount of ghosts in the house when you first arrived, see due to an accident on the local climbing frame, you had been able to see ghosts since you were about 7.

Your mums accident had brought you both closer together, now both of you able to see the ghosts, this also brought the ghosts closer to you and your mum too, as they didn't bother her as much because they could bother you too.

Julian constantly coming up to you and saying, '  aw y/n, you don't fancy turning the TV on for us do you? My finger is so crampy!'

When you first moved in, you'd been happy to run around after the ghosts, loving feeling helpful, but eventually it got annoying.

Anyway, today you had, had to ask  captain to keep everyone busy whilst you had a conversation with your mum and dad, he had been happy to do so, he had always had a soft spot for you, especially since you often came to him for help with homework ( including history which he adored helping with).

' mum... dad, can I tell you something?' You said softly

' of course y/n? What's up?' Mike said with a smile.

' uhm... so... I think I might be non binary...' you said, looking at the floor, you felt very warm, you had been trying to tell them for months.

Instead of replying, the two gave you a hug, telling you how they supported you, and how proud they were of you.

' uhm... also mum, could you tell the ghosts please? I don't know how I would word it... and to be honest I don't fancy Fanny having a go at me' you said, a smile on your face, you truly had the best parents ever.

' of course I will, however if Fanny did lecture you, she would have me to deal with, elderly or not' Alison laughed.

•••

Later that day, Alison found the ghosts, even Humphrey, all in the living room doing one of their clubs.

' right, sorry to interrupt your club, however I have something I need to tell you all' she said, standing in front of the group of ghosts.

' oh can't it wait? I was about to do my Nelson Mandela!' Julian protested

' NOPE! It's fine Alison, tell us now!' Pat cut in, glaring at Julian.

' right... well, I know most of you won't understand this, but, I'm gonna try explain the best way I can.'

It took a long time, but eventually every single ghost understood that they needed to refer to you as 'they' or 'them'.

They did make mistakes sometimes, always apologizing and correcting themselves ( it took a long time to show kitty that she didn't need to get as upset as she usually did when she made a mistake), and you couldn't be more grateful.

Hiiii

I hope this is what you wanted!

I really hope you enjoyed this,
Have a good day!
BYEEE