Save a horse, ride a cowboy

Description: you are a cowboy from the 1880s. You (somehow) got to Britain however died on button house land :)

I am going through a rather problematic cowboy phase rn, ( I adore the accent especially 🤭) so you all get this >:)

Warnings: slightly implied smut

Y/n uses he/him pronouns :)

This will be x julian cuz I think this would suit him most :)

Also I am bending history a bit for this, imagine the cowboys did have the accents ( they didn't really cuz they were western lmao)
Anyway
Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________

You had been a 'cowboy' during the 1880s, you had come across to Britain on a trip only to die on button house property in an unfortunate accident ( you decide what it was).

The ghosts all found you rather intriguing, your accent especially, none of them had ever heard anything like it.

' why is he talking like that?' Kitty had giggled making you frown, however you wouldn't get hostile with a lady.

' I don't know's' Mary had muttered, thinking it was witch craft, ' it's be the devils works'

'Hang on now ma'am, that's rather offensive' you had protested, accent still heavy.

Kitty found your accent quite amusing, laughing whenever you spoke for the first few months.

Thomas was someone who grated with you quite a bit, he didn't like you... partly due to the double barreled shotgun on your hip...

He found it triggering and a reminder to his death, especially when you pulled it out.

When Fanny died, she was another who was horrified, she absolutely despised Americans, and you were as American as they came... well for her at least, she had never seen one up close.

Captain was wary at first when he died, however he began a good friendship with you, you had bonded over your shared knowledge of guns and weapons.

Pat... he absolutely loved you, he loved cowboy movies, and to then meet you, he was so pleased. You wore the typical cowboy outfit, though it was nowhere near as flashy as anything from the films that Pat watched, he loved your boots and hat.

At first, Julian had poked fun at you, however he grew to like you, he had always had a bit of a thing for cowboys, not that he would have told ANY living soul that fact.

He would often try rile you up, by making silly jokes, some more dirty than others.

' is that a gun or are you just happy to see me?' Julian would often ask.

This question slightly confused you due to the actual gun on your hip, but you never questioned it.

He had joked about a horse once but this angered you, ' you leave Chester out of this, Fawcett.' You had growled lowly, hand already hovering over your shotgun.

This slightly scared Julian, he didn't exactly know what would happen if he was shot with a ghost bullet. He knew he couldn't die... would he be double dead?

Over time, the two of you became quite a bit closer, you began a relationship, though it was a sort of unspoken thing, neither of you actually asked the other to date them, it just kind of happened... a kiss during new years and a few 'sleepovers' later, you kind of just came to what you were now.

Now. This morning Julian had been sat in the living room when mikes music began blasting whilst Alison was out, and a rather... interesting song came on that Mike seemed to really enjoy, so Julian listened.

Cause I saddle up my horse
And I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway
On my old stud Leroy
And the girls say
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
Everybody says
Save a horse, Ride a cowboy!

Julian grinned at this, it gave him a rather grand idea.

He hummed the song to himself throughout the day, he found you in the library, you were reading a book called Lonesome Dove, which was about your people. You would grumble and mutter about the things that were incorrect and hum in approval about the things that were right.

Julian came and placed a hand on your shoulder, leaning down to see what you were reading.

' hello Darlin' you muttered, giving him a peck on the cheek whilst reading.

'Mm, hiya love, watcha reading?' Julian asked in sort of singsong voice.

' its called Lonesome Dove' you replied, still focused on the book.

' hm... sounds... interesting' he said sarcastically making you chuckle softly.

Julian sighed, before grinning, he slowly walked back over to you from where he had wandered.

' I think I know something to make the day more fun'

'Oh yeah?' You hummed

' mhm.' Julian felt a sort of excitement bubble in his stomach at his idea, he hadn't really tried this before.

Quickly he snatched your hat from your head and hurried out the room.

'OI! JULIAN!' You yelled, standing up immediately, following him.

You rushed after the politician who was trying his best not to giggle about the situation.

You got to your room which was right at the end of the house, meaning you couldn't go through the walls anymore. It was odd but helpful in these situations

'Eheh... where you gonna go now love?' You asked with a smirk as Julian was cornered.

Julian froze before setting the hat on his head, with a smile.

You paused, he looked amazing in your hat, you stepped towards him with a grin.

' if you wanted to wear my hat, you should have just asked darlin' you pointed out.

' yeah... but this was more fun' Julian said, looking directly into your eyes now as you were mere inches apart.

' now what's all this about hm? You had a plan from, start'

' perhaps. I got inspiration from one of Mike's songs.'

' oh yeah?'

' mhm...' Julian said pushing you back towards the bed making you lie back, straddling you in the process.

' I believe it went, "save a horse, ride a cowboy"

HIIII

This was going to be slightly more smutty than it ended up being but we got to 1000 words and I got tired so I stopped.

I really hope you enjoyed this!
Have a good day
BYEEEE