Flirt

Description: you have been giving pat hints for years, he just doesn't seem to understand!

Requested by: E43893

Y/n uses she/her pronouns

I really hope you enjoy this, and I'm really happy I got this request, it's a while since I've had any requests for Pat!

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

You had died in the 1950s, after an accident to do with an oven. You were your typical 50s house wife... well, on the outside you were.

Really, you were a tough witted and almost promiscuous woman, this side of you came out more after Pat died, you were a similar age to pat, and you took to him immediately.

You would make hints but he didn't notice that you were doing so. He was often too busy thinking about carol.

However as time went on, he stopped mentioning carol, he would often be found talking to you. Sometimes he would just sit and listen to you for hours, talking about the 50s, you had also lived through the war, so you told him about the mills and how awful they were.

As time went on, you became more daring with your flirting, seeing as he rarely mentioned carol anymore, and when he did, it was usually only talking about her as a mother to Daley.

You had found a talent for doing impressions of the others, during impressions club, you had done impressions of kitty, Julian and captain ( cap didn't seem to find it amusing,).

Everyone was fairly impressed by this, Pat was laugh in like mad at these impressions, he was always happy when you got properly into his clubs.

' do me next' pat laughed, wiping his eyes after your latest impression.

You gave Julian a glance, he had been teaching you more about flirting after some... rather rubbish attempts, he gave you a nod and a thumbs up.

' a chance would be a fine thing' you said with a small smirk.

Pats laughter turned into nervous giggles, and he looked at the floor, whilst Fanny lectured you.

'Y/N! I expected better! A lady doesn't make a comment like that!!!'

•••

Comments like this continued, making pat slip into nervous giggles or a flustered mess, you found it adorable how he would stutter over his words.

You made sure NEVER to say anything like that to any other ghosts, though Julian told you to try doing so to make pat jealous, you disagreed, that would be cruel.

It took MONTHS of this, but FINALLY, after your latest comment, pat looked at you and squinted, ' are you flirting with me y/n?'

your eyebrows raised, bloody finally he noticed, ' I have been for years, but thank you for noticing'

' I- uhm- well- uhm'

You gave him a wink before walking out the room, slowly, hoping he would follow, and as you thought, he did!

' uh... y/n! Y/n wait, uhm... did you mean it? You have been for years?'

' yes pat. Since you died I have been, surely you've noticed?'

' well... no not really! If I had, trust I would have said something'

' well is it ok?'

' more than ok y/n... it's bloody brilliant! I-' he put his hand over his mouth, starting to say too much, to this you raised an eyebrow.

' hm?'

' I... look... y/n, I've developed feelings for you and I don't think I've realized till recently...' pat said, never actually looking you in the eyes.

You put your finger under his chin and gently guided him to look at you, ' I feel the same Pat... why do you think I've been flirting with you!'

' oh... I suppose that makes sense... I just thought you were a bit of a flirt with everyone'

Hi.

I'm sorry, this is absolutely crap, I struggle writing pats character, I'm trying to get better at it but he's hard to write tbh

I hope it was at least a bit enjoyable,
Have a good day,
BYEEE