Can tabs

Description; you collected can tabs in life, and everyday you give one to the captain, you explain what each means, however today you give him one and don't tell him what it means
;)

Requested by: India1451

Y/n uses he/him pronouns cuz obviously, it's captain.

Warnings: implied smut

( you can decide when you died btw cuz idk when this can tab message thingy started :)
I really hope you enjoy this!

________________________________________________________________

When you were alive, you had collected can tabs, you kept them on a necklace that you had been wearing when you died.

After a few months of being at button house, you realized you had fallen for the captain, in life you'd known you were gay, so that wasn't a problem, the problem was, the man was bloody oblivious, you had made it blatantly obvious, but nothing.

You began giving him can tabs, you found that if you willed them enough to stay with him, they would, well for about an hour.

You gave him one for hug first, he was very confused... well first of all, as to what it was, can tabs were made in 1959 and he had died in 1945, so you had to explain that they came off the top of a can. He then wanted to know why you collected them, to which you replied, ' I suppose the same reason people collect stamps?' Which you knew was a hobby he did in life

I headcannon that he would collect stamps, don't mind me :)

' I see... last question... why are you giving me this?' He asked, slightly less confused than before.

' they each have a message of their own, that one means a hug.' You smiled, to this he kind of stumbled over his words.

' don't worry, you don't have to if you don't want to... I just thought I'd give it to you... I don't know how long it will stay with you for.' You said softly.

' ah.. right well uhm... very good... t-thank you y/n' he said before rushing off, quite unsure why he felt so warm inside.

You chuckled as he ran away, Thomas coming up behind you, leaning his arm on your shoulder, the two of you had been close since you died.

' ah young love' he joked

' oh shove off.'

•••

Over the last few months, you gave captain a can tab, everyday, it was always either a hug or a kiss, after a while, he began doing those things, he would give you a short hug, or a peck to the cheek or hand or forehead. Never lips, he didn't want to overstep the line ( that was much further than he realized ).

Today, you gave the captain a different tab, the only one you hadn't done before. The sex one, it was a risky thing to do, but you literally had to shove it in his face that you fancied him to get him to understand.

So you unclipped the can tab from your necklace and put it in his hand when you met him in the normal place ( the living room) in the morning.

He looked down at it, already accustomed to the half ring, and empty space, but this one had  the space filled.

Please bear with me, I'm getting my info from google, if this is wrong, correct me I beg.

You smiled when you saw his confusion, ' this one is different from the normal two... what do this mean?'

You smiled, ' wouldn't you like to know' you teased, you gave him a wink and walked away leaving him confused and frankly flustered.

Julian walked over and chuckled, ' god he's down bad for you mate'

'What?!'

' you know, he loves you? '

' yes I know what you mean! But you're quite wrong, he wouldn't love an old walrus like me' captain said, still bitter over that as it was only the other week it had happened.

' oh come now, y/n didn't say anything about you, he defended you!'

' the point still stands'

' good god you're oblivious' Julian laughed before going to annoy robin.

•••

' Ah! Alison, just the person I needed' captain said, rushing into the kitchen.

' oh, hi captain, I'm kind of busy, can it wait?' She asked, as she was cooking.

' oh, it's very quick, I was just wondering if you knew what this means?' He asked, holding his hand out in front of her, with the can tab.

' aw has y/n given you another one? Isn't it the ones you usually get?'

' no, it's different, look the bottom bit is completely filled' he said as a matter of factly.

Alison sighed and moved away from the stove to have a look, she looked closer and laughed.

' oh my god'

' what? What is it? What does it mean?' Captain demanded.

' it... uhm.. the can tab means sex captain.' Alison laughed when she saw his face.
' you alright cap?'

' wha? Oh yes... uhm... thank you Alison... I'll leave you to cook now...' he said, stuttering over his words, maybe Julian was right.

•••

You were sat in the parlor with Thomas talking when captain came rushing in.

' told you it was a good idea' Thomas muttered making you slap his arm.

' OW!' He yelped making you laugh at him, ' that hurt!'

' hardly, I barely touched you!'

Captain then saw you and walked... no, marched over.

' sorry to disturb Thorne, but could I borrow
Y/n for a moment please' he said, sounding... not panicked but along those lines.

' oh indeed, I was going to go anyway, I don't come here to be abused' he said glaring playfully at you.

' oh? Where do you go then?' You laughed making him roll his eyes and then shoo you off with his hands.

You followed captain into the hallway where he held his hand out with the can tab, ' you gave me this...'

' yes.. i think I remember that' you joked, making him give you a serious look. ' sorry'

' quite. Well, I asked Alison what it meant... and she said it meant... well... it means' he lowered his voice to a whisper, ' sex'

' indeed it does... sorry... have I over stepped, I'm really sorry cap I didn't mean-'

' hey now.. let me finish... I never said I was angry... however, I would have preferred to hear it from you, so I could do this sooner'  he said before backing you into a particularly shadowy corner and kissing you softly making you gasp.

You moved your hands up to wrap your arms round his neck, you were ever so slightly shorter than him ( by only a couple inches) which made the kiss better.

From there he quickly rushed you to his room, where he lay you on his bed.

You'd have to thank Thomas later...

Hiiii!!

I really hope this is what you wanted! Again idk that much about the can tab thingy, so please bear with me on that.

As always, I hope you enjoyed this!
Have a good day!
BYEEE