Science of love

Description; you are a scientist, which captain finds interesting, you become his new special interest.

Y/n uses they/them pronouns because I say so.

I got this idea from watching inside the factory lmao.

Also, I think captain would love learning about science and would love to listen to his partner info dumb about stuff.

Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________________

You had worked with Joseph Priestley between 1765 and 1775 ( when you died), he had been a Chemist and Philosopher who you had been friends with, the two of you discovered Oxygen and The making of Fizzy Drinks before you died in 1775.

( that is 100% Accu-rat! Joseph Priestley discovered Oxygen at the age of 41 after heating Mercury Oxide with burning glass, before this, he discovered how to make a fizzy drink with Carbon Dioxide! However the drink didnt particularly take off well)

You had died during a trip to Surrey, you had been attempting to make people drink the fizzy water, showing them that it could be good for their health ( if they believed drinking chocolate was good for their health, why not this?)

^True!

You however died whilst at Button house ( or Higham house as it was known then), after stupidly walking behind one of the horses, it had booted you, causing you to fall onto a rock, which inevitably killed you.

After a while, kitty came around, then Thomas, then Fanny, then captain, Pat and lastly Julian.

Since then, no one has really died, except Maddox of course, but he's over the hedge.

Captain had been fascinated with you after he died, he adored learning new things and when you could teach him more about the science behind weaponry ( you had read a lot of books that had been left out, you were able to move and touch books, but only books.)

Eventually he admitted he felt more than just admiration towards you, and you began a relationship.

Daily, the two of you would exchange facts, you loved learning about the war and the tanks, and he loved learning about science and how things were made.

'You know the reason we say that carrots help your eyes is because, during the war we began using radar, and we didn't want Germany to know, so the press released that we were eating excessive amounts of carrots to give us exceptional night vision?'  Captain had told you once.

True:D

' really? And they believed it?'

' oh yes, they weren't ever particularly bright' captain had boasted

You chuckled at that, nodding in agreement.

Today you woke up later than usual, noticing captain wasn't in the room, you got up to go find him, 'he will be finished with his run by now ' you muttered to yourself.

When you got downstairs, everyone was chattering amongst themselves, captain was talking with Pat and Julian making you groan under your breath, you couldn't stand Julian, he always poked fun at your death, or said your job wasn't a real one, not ever actually contributing any actual science.

You sighed and walked over to the trio and sat next to captain, kissing his cheek as you sat down. The others had known about your relationship for a while after you had both told them during one of Pats clubs.

'Ah, good morning dear' he said softly to you, giving you a small smile.

' afternoon you should say cap, what time do you call this y/n?' Julian poked

' they died with a concussion Julian, leave them alone!' Pat insisted.

' oh yes, I forgot, sorry y/n, I mean, you should have seen that coming, the hoof I mean'

' how could I possibly have seen it coming' you glared, ' I was a scientist not a magician.'

' scientist' Julian scoffed, making you stand up.

' right! I've had enough, The fizzy beers and wines you say you like so much? Me and Joseph discovered those! If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have them!' You shouted, glaring at the politician, ' what did you do in life? Start a war, have sex with everything that moved then died, right?'

' whAt?! I'll have you know I stopped a crisis! And I was remembered, no one knows the great y/n l/n! They remember Julian Fawcett'

' for being a slut.' You growled, causing Julian's eyes to widen.

' YOU- shall we take this outside y/n? Don't think I won't spark you out just cuz you were a 'scientist' he said doing air quotes.

You stepped up to the politician, looking slightly down into his eyes, being a little taller than him, ' I'm happy here'

Suddenly you felt the collar of your shirt being tugged back gently, ' stop it both of you.' Captains voice spoke from behind you, causing your gaze to soften and you to turn away from Julian.

You nodded and smiled at captain, god you were truly head over heels for the man, if you hadn't met him, you wouldn't have been swayed from a fight over your work.

'Come on, if you can't be in the same room, we'll go somewhere else' captain muttered, dragging you out the room to the gardens.

You followed willingly, he took you to the dent in the wall where Mary often held little meetings with Florence, you both sat down, you smiled at your lover but he didn't return the affection.

' I'm sorry Jamie... he just gets under my skin, I know you get on, I just wish he wouldn't mock my work, without me and Joseph, he wouldn't have the things he so enjoyed in life'

' I know, but you don't have to start a fight, normally I wouldn't care, but with you, I don't want you getting hurt'

' well... technically I can't get hurt, being dead it only stings and no-'

' shush.' Captain muttered before kissing you to shut you up.

hiii

Random but I wanted to be able to share my knowledge about Joseph Priestley so yeh...

I might do more fics that involve little facts like this one did! Be the fanfic horrible histories :0

Anyway

I hope you enjoyed this!
Have a good day
BYEEE