5 things

Description: you have a panic attack... thank god Thomas actually listened to Mike for once.

Requested by: 0rvilleYaGirl

Y/n uses she/her pronouns :)

Warnings; angst and mentions of trauma

I really hope this lives up to expectations!

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

You had died during World War One, you had been shot through the back of the skull, luckily it hadn't actually affected your face... well as a ghost it didn't, you didn't know about your actual body.

Due to this, plus the trauma of being a soldier in the war, you hated anything to do with fireworks or sparklers... so when new years and bonfire night came around, you often just went and hid in your bedroom with your hands over your ears, however, this year the fireworks seemed to start earlier, they started around Halloween.

You and the other ghosts were all sat in the living room together, you sat next to Thomas, hand in hand with him, as he had confessed his love for you in the 60s so you had been in a relationship ever since.

Suddenly, BANG!
You heard a firework from outside, making you ( and captain) jump, Thomas' grip on your hand tightened slightly, hoping to make you fell safe.

But then about 5 fireworks went off at once, causing you to panic more, you went to stand up to leave the room, needing to hide in your room, you ran out of the living room and up to your room, when you got there, you sat on the floor by the window, suddenly feeling a massive wave of terror overcome you.

•••

' Thomas, go after her, she needs you' Pat insisted, to Thomas who was just sat looking at the door you had just run through.

' oh! Yes- yes of course' Thomas nodded, standing up, rushing up the stairs to your bedroom.

' y/n? Are you alright my love?' He called through the door, only to get no answer, so he walked through, gasping at the sight of you on the floor, rocking backwards and forwards, breathing uncontrollably, your fingers in your ears and muttering ' theyre coming... he's coming, they're coming'

He rushed over, not really sure what to do,
' y/n? Love? Please answer me, are you alright?'

' they're coming...'

' damn it...' he muttered, then he gasped, remembering something mike had done with Alison when she had a panic attack a few months ago.

' y/n? Can you hear me? ' he gently touched your shoulder, making you jump but you looked up at him.

' they're coming Thomas! ' you cried, tears rolling down your face

' no... they aren't my sweet... ah... what was it... oh! Can you tell me 5 things you can see?' He asked, struggling to remember what Mike had said.

' uhm... uh... you... the door... the wall.... My bed... uhm... the drawers' you muttered, breath still rapid.

' well done' he smiled softly, ' ok... next uh... oh it's, can you name 4 things you can feel?' He asked, his hands on your knees, trying to help you stay grounded.

' uh... the floor.... Your hands... my uniform.... The cold' you said slowly, your breathing slowing slightly.

' that's great! Well done' you gave him a small smile, proud that you had made him happy, ' ok... now 3 things you can hear?'

' uhm... your voice... my breathing... r-robin arguing with Julian' you said, you breath beginning to get back to normal.

' that's amazing! Well done... can you tell me 2 things you can smell dear?' He asked softly, his hands holding yours now.

' uhm... the cookies that Alison baked... and... uhm...' your breath began to pick up again, unable to think of anything else you could smell.

' shhh, hey it's ok, it's alright y/n, don't worry, can you tell me one thing you can taste?' He asked, rubbing his thumbs over your knuckles.

' uhm... fresh air' you mumbled

' well done my love...' he whispered, ' are you alright?'

You nodded slowly,' I think so... thank you Thomas'

' of course'

HIII

so that's another one shot done, honestly I cannot believe I've been writing this for almost four years now, I'm so proud and greatful for everyone's support, honestly after I took about 6 months off, I'm surprised anyone's even reading this anymore.

As I said, I am so so greatful for all the comments and votes this book gets!

I really hope you enjoyed this one shot
Have a good day
BYEEE