The interview

Melissa's pov:

I feel as if there's something important I need to wake up for...

The interview!

I quickly open my eyes widely as I rush to the kitchen.

"why do you act like a mad person?" my mom says.

She always wakes up early and I fail to understand why I can't be like her.

I'm her daughter after all.

"mom! The interview!" I blurt out.

"young lady it's 7:43am! Calm down." my dad says after walking out of his bedroom.

"oh thank goodness!"

"come help me with the chores, I'll make some tea for your father and you'll clean the house." my mom says after getting the sugar from the cupboard.

"great."

It only took me about ten minutes to clean the house.

Not because it's very small, okay yes it is small but I'm used to cleaning and cooking.

My dear friend, if you ever get the chance to taste my food...

OMG you can't even remember where you came from.

I'm a great cook, I'm not bragging.

~~~~~

As I pace back and forth in my room, I can't help but wonder what I could put on for the interview.

I at least I need to impress them.

I unpacked my well packed clothes to look for something to put on.

After spending a lot of time, I finally choose a white long sleeved shirt and a black skirt.

I now look like a choir master.

I walk to stare at my reflection in the mirror.

"nice one Isa, you look professional." I try to motivate myself.

I walk to the living room where mom and dad are seated.

"wish me luck!"

"all the best beautiful lady." my dad smiles after seeing me.

"good luck! Be safe, make sure to call immediately after the interview, I'll cook your fav--"

"I better go mom thank you, bye dad!"

~~~~~

I reach the address that was sent to me.

In front of me is a tall, silver building. It must have at least thirty floors.

The words 'AD Corporation Limited' are in bold just above the entrance.

I head to the counter, as a lady wearing a white long sleeved shirt and a navy blue skirt is sitting there.

"hey excuse me, I'm Melissa and I received a call yesterday informing---" she interrupts me.

I'm so awkward!

"the boss is already waiting for you, go the third floor room number 12." she says with no emotions and focuses back on her computer.

I think she's one of those people who hate their jobs.

...

I knock on the door after finding the advanced office room.

"come in." I hear a voice coming from inside.

I slowly open the door and enter.

A man seated in a king sized, rolling his chair, his backside facing me.