Like I do

Adrian's POV:

By the time I reach my parents' place, it is already 7 PM and I can't seem to control the anger running through my veins. I can't believe Mom could actually advise my wife to leave me.

I step out of the car and head to the door. Once I'm in, I can't help but get even more irritated as I find no one. They must be in their rooms. Or they're not even here.

"Adrian?" I hear Samantha's voice from behind.

When I turn to face her, she's walking towards me with a sweet smile that I haven't seen in a year now.

"What are you doing here?" she asks and I take a step towards her.

"Are you surprised to see me here?"

"Yeah, I mean you don't usually come here. Do you want something?"

"Yes. I only came to warn you and mom to stay away from my wife." I tell her and watch as a deep frown forms on her lips.

"Why?"

"You know very well what you said to her, stop playing damn."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Adrian." she huffs.

"This should be the last time I warn you about it, Sam. What happened to you? I did everything I could to keep you from becoming like your mother, do you think grandma would be happy to see y-" she cuts me.

"Don't bring granny into this, we all know that she didn't give a shit about me. She loved you more than she ever loved me." Samantha crosses her arms over her chest and I shake my head in disbelief.

"You hate Melissa because you think that grandma loved me more than she loved you?" I question her, watching her closely as she looks away from me.

"No. I don't even care about your stupid little bi-"

"Don't make me forget that you're a woman, Samantha." I warn her, my voice calm.

"I see.. so now you're going to hit me because of Melissa? What has she done to you?! I'm still your sister! I was there when she wasn't remember?! Have you forgotten how we used to be like best friends before she came into your life?! You know that you're the only person who made me feel loved, Adrian, but now you're completely different! She changed you-"

"Don't raise your voice when you're talking to me, and let's not forget that we're talking about my wife."

"I don't care who we're talking about! She's a bitch-"

"ENOUGH!!" I yell and she takes a step back.

I'm disappointed in Samantha that she thought grandma loved me more than her. She lived her entire life holding this grudge against me and grandmother, and I had no clue about it.

I'll blame myself for how she turned out to be, exactly like mom. I thought I was doing what I was supposed to. But I'm even more furious that she hates my wife because I stopped giving her more attention.

"What is going on here?!" mom's voice echoes in the house and I become even more angry.

Great. Just the woman I came here for.

"Adrian? Samantha? Tell me what's going on?!" she demands and I clench my jaw.

I turn around to find her with dad standing just a about two steps away from me.

"Why are you fighting with your sister?" Dad asks and I'm tempted to roll my eyes.

"You know nothing, so I suggest that you shut up." I huff as I shove my hands in my pockets.