Do it

Lisa's POV:

Everything happened so fast, I got back from work just in time to have dinner with the idiot and his family.

Really, I can't believe they are forcing me to get into another relationship with someone I don't really know.

I'm sitting in front of my dressing mirror, I finally started liking  someone then this happened.

Why ?

If only I could tell Josh how I truly feel and my parents about liking Joshua then maybe everything might change.

"ma'am.. your parents asked for you downstairs." a voice of a maid brings me out of my thoughts.

Nodding my head, I sigh and force a smile on my face.

I can do this. I tell myself before getting up and head downstairs where I find my parents waiting for me.

Mom smiles as soon as she sees me, "there comes my one and only daughter looking as gorgeous as ever!"

I hope I can have the courage enough to tell her that she doesn't look normal with that fake smile of hers.

Dad offers me his hand which I take without hesitation, "thank you." I respond, the fake smile still lingering on my innocent face.

He shakes his head as the doorbell sounds. "Just in time." Mom states enthusiastically.

As soon as Mom opens the door, the woman in front of us smiles and hugs my Mom. "You're welcome Mrs Davis."

Mrs Davis is in her early fifties, she's wearing a tight black skirt and a White long sleeved shirt. Her hair is in a neat bun.

"Thank you Mrs Hidalgo, meet my daughter Sasha." She says, gesturing her hand to Sasha who smiles at my parents.

In just a second, I'm being pulled into a hug by Mrs Davis causing me to wince slightly. "You look spectacular darling." She smiles.

"Thank you." I give her a closed smile as I glance at Max who's like trying to make eye contact with me.

As they greet each other, I wait patiently until we get to the dining room. Max is sitting next to me and next to him is his mother.

"I think we can all agree that they look lovely together." Mom smiles.

"Yes but we actually have a problem with your daughter." Mrs Davis speaks, as I fix my eyes on her face to hear she has to say.

"I don't get it why Trina had to fire my daughter for only a design, I mean we could have done something about that right?"

Oh I see, she thinks because my  parents likes Max I should tolerate the nonsense from her daughter. Then she's wrong.

"Of course Mrs Davis, we will surely do something about it." Mom tells the woman who can't take her eyes off me.

"There's nothing we or you can do about it," I state.

Sighing and forcing a fake smile to come out, I glance at mom who's glaring at me like I've just killed a person, I add, "I mean, I've already done what was supposed to be done and-" I'm been cut by Mom.

"Why don't we first eat and then we'll talk later?" She asks mats Davis who just nods her head and look at her husband then Max.

Thank goodness, everyone eats in complete silence, after a few minutes, everyone finishes and continues to talk to one another.

I check my phone to see if there's any message from Joshua.

I miss him so much. I hope he feels the same way about me, 'really? I don't think so.' my subconscious snaps.