The Gift

Melissa's POV:

"Just give me two minutes mother!" I shout through the door.

"Melissa I have to start preparing dinner and I don't have what I need!" She shouts back and I finally open the door and walk into my bedroom.

"I'm only giving you ten minutes to get all the things on this list and come back! Don't waste time okay?" My Mom tells me and I nod my head, taking the list.

Okay, so... I haven't seen Adrian after that day he took me to his house, he calls me everyday to know how I'm doing.

He's very sweet, but I'm upset with him because he hasn't come to see me, even though he said that he's giving me time to think about it.

Well, I've actually thought about it countless times and to be honest, whenever I'm thinking about him, a smile forms on my lips and I remember the time he kissed me.

That moment means everything to me and I hope it means something to Adrian too.

"Stop thinking about Adrian and go to the stores." Mom teases and I smile sheepishly.

"I'm not even thinking about him, I was just thinking about the movie Stacy made me watch, uh.. it was about a girl who.. it was so complected but I will explain-"

"You have wasted two minutes already." Mom says and I rush to leave the house.

As soon as I step out, I spot a brand new White coloured Lamborghini Urus parked just next to the entrance of the yard.

I move closer to where it is and I feel dizzy suddenly. It has a huge matching White ribbon tied around it and it appears to be someone's gift.

Should I touch it?

A giant man dressed in a formal black suit appears in front of me, "Miss Melissa Becker?"

"Yes?" I answer more like a question.

"This is for you." The man says, handing me a key and pointing towards the beautiful car.

"I didn't buy anything like this, I think you're mistaken." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"It's from Mr Adrian Dawns."

Adrian.

I take out my phone from my purse as I dial Adrian's number, he answers on the third ring, "you finally missed me sweetheart." He says from the other side and a smile forms on my lips instantly, making my heart flutter.

"What's this Adrian?" I ask him, ignoring his sentence.

"A little gift for my beautiful woman." He says, his tone flirty.

"Little gift?" I can't believe him.

"Yes, don't you like it? Tell me the one you like so that I can replace it." He says, his tone serious this time.

"No! I.. It's really nice but it's a Lamborghini for goodness sake!" I reply, throwing my hand in the air.

"So? It's just a small gift," he's speaking like it's not a big deal, "I hope you like the colour, I'm not good at this."

"Well, the colour is actually nice," I turn my head to look at it again, "I can't take it though."

"Why?"

"It's just too expensive Adrian, I don't need a car."

Well, you do need a car.

"Melissa, I just want you to be safe."

"You don't understand-"

"It's a gift, accept it or leave it there because I'm not taking it back."

"You-" I begin but he cuts me.