Definitely Blind

Melissa's POV:

Fourteen days.

Fourteen days have passed since my parents left this world to a place where I can never know.

Each day I check their bedroom to see if they're really not there. It took me a week and some days to accept that they're really gone.

And each morning, I prepare their favorite muffins, hoping to see them at the dining table eating and smiling.

I always hope to see their bright smiles, but it never happens.

And today, I finally accepted that I will never see them again, not in this world.

"Lissa, I'm still not happy with what you said to your sister." Stacy tells me and I roll my eyes.

"I don't like your attitude," she adds as I stare at my reflection at the mirror.

"I'm sorry." I sigh, "so.. what were you saying about Lisa, or Trina, or whatever her name is." I remark as I turn my head to glance at an annoyed Stacy.

"What's happening to you? You're becoming mean, just like your sister.."

"Please don't.. ever compare me to her." I say and look back at my reflection.

"Why wouldn't I? She's your twin after all, and you're now acting like your rude sister. But I love her anyways." She shrugs.

"Just say what you want to say." I tell her and turn around to face her.

"Well, you're rude to her that day and I think you should apologize for that."

"What? Are you crazy? Apologize? Hell no." I scoff.

"Do you think your parents are happy about this?" She asks and I shoot her a glare.

"Don't bring them into this." I say and blink away the tears threatening my eyes.

"Just listen to me, your mother and father always wanted you and your sister to never fight with each other right?"

I nod.

"They always wished that Trina could forget about the past and spend more time with you guys, correct?"

I nod my head again.

"Were they ever angry at her for not forgiving them right away?"

"No." I lower my head.

"Do you now still think they're happy about this?"

"No." I mutter and rub the tears on my cheeks.

"Okay.. I'm sorry for making you cry.." She walks over to me and then wraps her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, but I needed to do this Lissa.. to make you aware of what you're doing." She remarks and I pull away.

"It's fine, I understand. So should I apologize to her now? And make her the maid of honor?"

Her eyes widens, "hell no! I mean, yes you have to apologize to her but I'm the maid of honor. I know she's your sister, you're born on the same day but I'm your best friend, and you know that I've been waiting my whole life for this..."

I chuckle, "okay! I get it. Thanks for the speech anyway."

...

"How do I look?" I ask Stacy and she smiles shaking her head.

"You look lovely. Adrian won't be able to take his eyes off you." She remarks and I blush.

Well, Adrian finally accepted to take me to his parents' house this afternoon. He doesn't like this idea so much though, he said that he's only doing this for me...Because I consider it to be important.