I don't like your friend

Lisa's POV:

"No." I had answered, "I'm just not feeling well." I added.

But then after trying hard to convince Mom that I'm not pregnant, I felt dizzy and collapsed on the bed.

~~~~

"Are you sure she's okay?" I hear my mom's voice.

"Do we have to do anything?" Dad asks someone.

"No, both the mother and baby are fine." A feminine voice speaks, a doctor I assume.

What?!

Am I really pregnant?

I mean, yes Joshua and I have had sex without protection before and I didn't take any pills after that, but how can I become pregnant now?

In a situation like this, in a situation where I don't want to meet him again any time soon. Not only that but like he said, he doesn't have any romantic feelings for me.

How would he feel if I just went there and threw this pregnancy thing at his face?

No, I don't want him to be sad or angry because of this, no.

"What? Is she pregnant?" Mom asks in an unbelievable tone.

"She's stressed right now that is why she fell unconscious, make sure she stops stressing herself or we'll have complications with the pregnancy."

"It'll be better that way. Doc she needs to abort that thing."

"I'm sorry but I cannot do that without her concern."

"What? Are you even listening to yourself? She's our daughter and she'll do what we tell her to do."

Oh really?

"Look we'll give you millions if that will change your mind, any amount."

There's silence in the room, has the doctor agreed?

"My job is more important than anything you could offer. Call me when she wakes up. Excuse me."

The doctor's footsteps starts to disappear slowly and I can't hear any more voices.

Wait... Am I really pregnant?

Am I happy about this?

I don't think I even have the courage to face Joshua again after what happened.

I mean, he'll not even be happy when I tell him about my pregnancy. I might be preventing him from enjoying his life.

Not only that but also I want him to be happy always, and he cannot be happy when I tell him because well.. he doesn't like me?

It hurts so much!

With one more attempt, I try to open my eyes but I end up feeling tired and I let darkness consume me again.

~~~~

My eyes finally opens and I'm glad that I didn't die.

My Mom is sitting on the couch with Dad and well is that.. Max?

You thinking it's Joshua? He's not here!! My subconscious answers and I feel like smacking her right now.

Max is leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

Does he know that I'm actually pregnant?

I don't care, if he does or if he doesn't know anything yet.

"You're finally awake!" Max beams.

I attempt to sit but fail until Max helps me, "be careful."

I give him a small closed smile before turning my head towards my Mom.