She's your sister

Melissa's POV:

"What's wrong? Is she okay?"

I still don't know why she left without informing me. I've tried calling her several times but her phone is always switched off.

I'm really glad Joshua decided to have a word about her so that I can know what really happened to her.

"Yes she's fine. I'd like to talk to you in private." Joshua responds.

I look at Adrian who's already staring at me. I think I trust him and he's not the same man I first met.

Well, still arrogant and annoying sometimes.

"It's fine, you can tell me."

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you this but I think you need to know, you have to know. I can't keep it to myself after what happened between me and her, and I know she wouldn't tell you on her own."

I listen quietly as he explains, "well, when Trina visited you for the last, she found something that made her leave."

What?

"She saw a photo of you and her when you're young."

What is he talking about? The only picture I have is when me and Lisa turned five.

Does this mean..?

"Yes. She is the one. Your sister Lisa." Joshua agrees.

OMG!!

This is really happening! I can't believe my own ears, after spending all these years without Lisa. She's finally here.

Mom and Dad will be very happy to know this.

"Joshua, you're not joking right?"

He shakes his head no and gets up, "this is what I wanted to say, I have to go now."

"Thank you so much Joshua, I owe you. Thank you."

I can't even express how I'm feeling right now, my heart is sinking slowly.

Joshua gives me a dimpled smile before leaving.

"You have a sister?" Adrian asks.

Facing him, I nod with a huge grin on my face. "Yes." I answer.

"You didn't tell me, I would have helped you look for her." Adrian says with a disappointed expression.

"I didn't want to bother you." I lie. I've never even thought of sharing this with my boss.

He doesn't say anything and I know that he is irritated.

But why?

He gets up and starts to walk out of the restaurant. I quickly follow him as he walks to his car.

"Hey wait!" I scream.

"What?" He retorts.

"Why are you so angry?" I stand in front of him.

"I'm not angry, I'm very happy. Why didn't you ask for my help? You think I can't help you?"

"This isn't about you helping me, it's about me bothering you!"

"Really Mellisa? I can't believe you just said that."

"Yes I did, I'm so tired of your mood swings! Get some medication okay?" I turn to leave. I feel his hand wrap around my arm and he jerks me back.

"Don't ever walk away from me."

"Or what? You're going to fire me and make sure I don't get a job elsewhere?"