Scared to lose you part 2

Melissa's POV:

"I don't want to leave you alone, Melissa.'' Adrian states.

"I can't keep you from work Adrian. I promise you that you'll not find me in this room alone and not talking to anyone. My appetite is good now, so I'll finish all the food in this house." I remark and Adrian chuckles softly.

He doesn't want to go to work because of me. Because these past few days he used to find me locking myself up in our bedroom without talking to anybody.

But now, I feel better. I couldn't stop myself from thinking that Adrian would leave me because I can't have kids, but now I am assured that I'm the one he wants, with or without kids.

It still hurts though.

It hurts so much that I'll never be able to become a mother.

Only Stacy knows about this. I haven't informed Lisa yet and Adrian's family. The news really breaks me whenever I think about it.

"here." I hand him his black jacket and then adjust his necktie.

"please keep your promises and don't break them, okay?"

"yes sir." I respond with a smile as he narrows his eyes at me.

"sir? Would you like to be my secretary again Melissa?"

Hell no Adrian.

"no." I shake my head and watch as he closes the space between us.

"why?"

"well maybe it's because I'm so in love with you now and if you remember correctly, we weren't really in good terms." I shrug.

"we were always in good terms Melissa, it's just that you didn't realize how much I was in love with sooner." he leans forward and kisses me on my cheek.

"my eyes weren't working as I expected them to do." I say and he chuckles.

He places his hand on my shoulder and opens the door. We tinker and push each other, and then hug again until we reach outside to the car he's using today.

"I'll reward you with a small gift if you don't break your promise." he says and I raise my eyebrows.

"small gift?" I chuckle, "are you trying to spoil me with your small gifts Adrian?"

"that's my plan." he remarks, a crooked smile forming on his lips.

Just before Adrian can leave for work, a car stops next his car and I'm surprised to see his mother and sister step out of it.

"I don't want them to be near you." Adrian tells me and I just shake my head.

"I'll be fine." I assure him with a genuine smile and he looks away.

"Hello." his mother gives me a fake smile as she hugs her son.

"hi brother." Samantha also hugs Adrian and I look away.

"are you going somewhere?'' Mom asks Adrian.

"work." Adrian curtly responds.

"okay, that's fine too. I came here for my daughter in-law anyways." she says and my stomach turns.

"Don't stay too long, my wife has somewhere else to be too." Adrian informs them in a serious tone.

"Sure." Mom answers.

"Don't pay any attention to them." Adrian whispers in my ear as he leans forward to kiss me and I blush.

"So.. let's go inside." I say to them after Adrian sits in the car.