The Wedding Day

Melissa's POV:

A sad smile plaster on my lips as I continue to stare at my parents' picture. They're smiling back at me on the picture and my heart aches.

Today is one of the most important days of my life. My wedding day. I can't even explain how I'm feeling. All I know is that I'm happy that I'm getting married to Adrian. The man I love the most.

"Don't tell me you're crying again." Stacy's voice echoes in the room as she walks in, all dressed up as the maid of honor.

I put the picture frame back on my bed and smile at my best friend, "no I'm not. You and Trina warned me not to ruin this expensive makeup right?" I roll my eyes and watch as my beautiful sister walks in a red gown, looking like she'll never get the chance of dressing up again.

"Yes, we warned you not to. Aw.. you look so beautiful my lovely sister, you make an adorable bride." She wipes her fake tears and I chuckle softly.

I spent the whole morning getting ready for my wedding. The girls have been with me since the yesterday.

"Thank you." I say to her.

My phone rings, Trina hands it to me with a smirk.

Adrian.

"Hello?" I say and feel my cheeks flush.

"I'm scared.. not scared, I'm feeling nervous and stressed." He says from the other side and I can hear men laughing.

I look up at Trina and Stacy and they both give me questionable looks.

"Why? Are you sick?" I ask, my voice shaky.

He can't be sick on our wedding day.

"No, a-are you sure you want to marry me?" He asks and I burst into laughter.

"It's not funny Melissa." He states and I hear someone telling him to pass the phone.

"Melissa? This is Marcus." Marcus says and I smile.

Adrian introduced me to his other friends Marcus and Joel two days ago. And the first thing they asked me was if I really wanted to marry Adrian.

They told me that they don't want their friend to be embarrassed in front of the whole world. They said they care about his reputation and I couldn't help but laugh at their silly comments and questions to make Adrian more nervous.

I had assured Adrian that the wedding will go just as planned countless times but he still looked nervous and scared. That was my first time seeing him like that, he looked pale and didn't want to let me go because he thought I would run away. All thanks to the three men of course.

"Oh hi!" I say to Marcus on the phone.

"Just one question, one." He says and I chuckle.

I know what he wants to ask.

"Okay..."

Before Marcus could ask his question, Trina snatches the phone from my hand, "Adrian and your friends, please allow my sister to get ready." She speaks as she puts on loud speaker.

"This is not Adrian but Marcus beautiful." Marcus says in a flirty tone and Trina rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Give Melissa a break from all your questions because if you don't, I'll help her escape." Trina smirks and I shake my head in disbelief.

"Okay. So.. can I have your number?" Marcus says.

"Jerk." Trina remarks and hangs up.

"No more phone calls." She turns to me and I nod.