Always

Lisa's POV:

My phone vibrates on my desk and I smile as Joshua's name appears on the screen.

"Joshua.. Hi."

"Trina.." He speaks, his voice deep and more huskier, "how are you?" He asks and I fail to control my heartbeat.

I haven't spoken to him since the day he was pissed about Max flirting with me in front of him. And I missed him so much, I could have called him yes, but I respected the space he gave me. We needed this, more than ever.

"I'm okay, you?"

"I miss you, you know that don't you?"

"Yes I know." I smile and grab my purse, heading to the elevator.

"What are you doing right now?" He asks.

"Heading back home. What are you doing?"

"Do you want to go out tonight?"

"No, why don't you just come to my house?" I ask him, praying that he says yes.

"No problem." He says and I breathe as I open the door to my car and slide into the driver's seat.

"Good. Are you still mad at me?"

"No, are you?"

"No."

"Good. Are we back together now Trina?"

"We'll talk about it later Joshua."

As much as I want to get back with him, l still think giving each other space is the best thing to do. I don't know why I want that though. I love him so much, more than anything in this world, but I don't know why I'm doing this to him and to myself.

"Again with that Trina?" He asks, his tone serious. "Don't you want me now? Do you still love me or not?"

"Yes, I do. Do you still.. like me?"

"No." He answers and I feel myself gasping for more air.

"I don't like you." He repeats and my heart breaks.

I thought he liked me.

"I don't like you because I love you, more than anything. I've never felt like this before, and I've never loved anyone like I love you. I feel so incomplete without you."

I wipe the tears from my eyes and feel so stupid that I want to slap myself.

I almost had a heart attack.

"Hello? Trina, are you still there?"

"Uh.. yes." I swallow. "Can we talk later? I'm driving."

He exhales, "okay."

I wait for him to end the call and toss my phone on the passenger's seat as I drive towards my house.

Parking the car in front of my house, I head to my room and straight into the shower.

Maybe I should stop being selfish and give him another chance? The problem I have is that I expect too much from Joshua, and I depend on him to make our relationship work.

After applying some light makeup, I walk down the stairs to the kitchen with the recipe book Joshua gave me in my hands.

"Are you looking for something miss Trina?" Lea asks when I step into the kitchen.

"Yes, my guest will be here soon and I want to make him something." I respond, staring at the book in my hands.

"What should I cook f-"