Friends again

Melissa's POV:

"Melissa?! Don't tell me you're still sleeping!" I hear mom's voice from the living room and I immediately open my eyes.

She opens the door to my room as she steps in. "I said wake up." she crosses her arms over her chest.

I roll my eyes as I sit, "I'm already awake old woman." I chuckle and she shakes her head.

"I'm not that old, my hair is not white."

"hmm, it will be soon and besides, that's not white."

"then what color is it?"

"grey? A mixture of white and black. You should research on that mother."

"it doesn't matter what color it is, what matters is that you wake up and help me."

"two minutes." I tell her and she walks out of the room.

A sigh I didn't know I was holding escapes my lips and I grab my phone as I dial Stacy's number.

I am surprised when she answers on the second ring, "hello?"

"uh.. hi, it's Melissa."

"don't be stupid Isa, I know it's you." she chuckles nervously and I can imagine her rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry." we say at the same time and I can't help but laugh as she does the same.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you that." she says.

"I'm truly sorry too, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." I tell her.

"I have an idea!"

"tell me."

"we should go out today! What do you think?"

"sounds good."

"yeah I know that, you don't have to tell me that I'm smart repeatedly." she brags and I giggle.

"okay fine, you're the smartest and we're meeting today after so long! I should tell my mother about it."

"and I'm going to inform my mother too! Bye Isa, I'm so happy and excited about all this, see you!" she cuts the call.

With a smile on my face, I get up as I walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

After I finish, I put on some clothes as I walk into the dining room where I find my parents having breakfast.

"good morning!" I say to my dad and he smiles.

"good morning, you look so happy today."

"I'm so happy Dad, I apologized to Stacy and now we're going out." I tell him as I take a seat across him.

"that's really good, at least you're doing something sensible." my mother says.

"I'm not going to argue because it's actually true." I answer as I grab a muffin from the tray. "can I ask you guys something?"

They look at each other as they nod their heads.

"I shouldn't be asking you this but I'm curious. Uh.. You said the Hidalgo family gave you money after they took Trina.. Lisa, so uh.. what did you do with the money?"

This has been bothering me for some time now and I feel relieved.

"Melissa dear, why are you asking about this? I mean, it's been so long." Dad tells me.

"it's fine if you don't want to tell me, I just wanted to know."

"it's not like that child, it was just too painful." Dad replies.