ICU ROOM

Melissa's POV:

"Doctor? How is my daughter?" Trina's Mom asks the female doctor who's walking to the ICU room.

"She lost a lot of blood and I can't say anything else." He answers. "Excuse me." He departs.

I rub the tears from my eyes, I hate that I can't stop crying but Trina's blood covered body is all I can see in my mind.

"Mom? Dad? Is she going to be okay?" I ask my parents.

They are sitting on one of the side benches and I'm standing beside them.

"Your sister is a strong girl, don't don't worry too much." Mom answers.

"Don't pretend as if you're even concerned about her, this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you." Trina's Mom remarks.

"What are you trying to say?" My mother asks.

Exactly, is she now blaming us for what happened?

I mean, we came here in peace. We didn't plan for all this. We only came to see my sister who we've never seen in years.

Is that wrong?

We had no idea that Lisa was not ready to accept us as her family.

"You even dare to ask after you put my daughter in this condition you low life!"

Excuse her?

"Don't you dare talk to my Mom in that way." I defend my Mom.

"I see.. you're not different from her. Who should I blame then? You left her. We gave you 4 million in exchange for your daughter and you gladly gave her to us, but still you came back! Are you that greedy that you sold your daughter only for 4 million?!"

"You're wrong madam, we didn't just give her to you but we did that to save our other daughter." Dad defends himself and Mom.

"Oh! That only meant that you never cared about Trina." Trina's Mom remarks.

"That's not true and you know it, is this really the time for you to lecture my parents?" This woman is making my blood boil.

"Why didn't they give you away instead?!" She shouts.

"Ma'am please. This is a hospital, we'll be forced to ask you to leave." A nurse reminds her and I'm glad she did it.

"Alisa please, calm down." Trina's Dad says to his wife.

Is she going to wake up?

Is this my fault? Am I the real reason why Trina can't forgive my parents? Us?

My phone vibrates, it's Joshua. I swipe the answer button as I excuse myself.

"Hello Joshua?"

"Melissa, how are you?" He asks from the other side.

"I'm at the hospital right now."

"What? Why?"

"It's Trina. She.. wait I'll talk to you later." I hang up and walk back to where everyone is.

The door to the ICU room opens, revealing the doctor with two nurses.

"How is Trina doctor?" Her Mom asks him.

He sighs deeply before saying, "she's out of danger now."

Thank you.

I finally breathe. Lightheaded with relief, I didn't immediately notice the worried expression on the doctor's face.

"I'm sorry but she had a miscarriage." What?

"What? Can we please see her?" Trina's Mom asks.

"No. Wait for her to regain consciousness."