Messed up

Lisa's POV:

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, the stunning red gown looks good on me. It shows a little of my cleavage but it's not too revealing, compared to my other dresses.

I step out of the changing area and into the room where Joshua is patiently waiting for me on the couch.

His eyes takes my appearance in surprise, "I love that dress, well I love you... and that dress." He says and I chuckle.

The way he's looking at me makes my heart beat like crazy.

"Try this one too." He hands me another dress and I smile at him.

I'm so glad that he's not tired of watching me change in different dresses. I spent my whole morning trying on one clothing after the other, and I'm still here, doing the same thing.

The thing is, I really do love shopping and it's been like weeks since I went shopping. My life was really a mess the past three months.

But now, everything is different now. Melissa and I are now in good terms and Joshua is always here, even though we're not back together yet.

And, I'm just too excited for my sister's wedding.

I walk back into the trial room. I look in the mirror and smile. The long, black, silk, spaghetti strap dress hugs all my curves. It's nice too, but I love the red dress more.

I step out again, the room is empty.

He'll come back. My subconscious remarks and I roll my eyes.

I know that he's coming back. Why would he even leave without informing me? I hear footsteps approaching me from behind and I sigh in relief.

I turn and I almost freeze when Max smiles at me. How did he even know that I was here.

"Uh.. what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm here with my Mom. I saw you a few minutes ago and I thought I should say hi before I leave." He answers and I nod my head.

"You're alone?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, Joshua is here too." I tell him.

"Oh. You guys are still together?" He asks.

"Not really." I tell him and he gives me a confused look, "it's complicated." I add and I feel someone taking my hand into his.

I don't have to look up to know who it is. Joshua is here, standing next to me, my hand in his.

"I see." Max smiles and my mouth becomes dry.

Why can't he just leave already?

Joshua doesn't utter a word as Max and I continues talking about how his Mom loves shopping. I know that he's pissed off, he's angry... but he's not saying or doing anything.

"That dress looks sexy on you." Max states with a smirk as his eyes drift to Joshua.

I feel like running away and burying myself when I feel Joshua's gaze on me.

"It was nice meeting you here, I'll just check up on my Mom. Enjoy your day." He says and departs.

Okay...

Joshua lets go of my hand and takes out his phone from his pockets. Without saying a word of course.

"I'll just change back into my clothes." I walk back into the trial room and change.

"Go and sit in the car, I'll go ahead and pay." He tells me with no emotions on his handsome face.

"No. I'll pay. Don't worry."