Scared to lose you part 1

Melissa's POV:

"just give me five minutes and I'll give you the results." The doctor says with a smile.

"thank you." I smile back.

She departs, leaving me alone. I was feeling dizzy and nauseous the past few days and I decided to visit the doctor. What if I'm pregnant? That was the first question I asked myself when coming here, and I couldn't help but get excited. I love kids and I can't wait to have my own.

I didn't tell Adrian that I am visiting a doctor to confirm if I'm really pregnant, I want it to be a surprise to him. But if I'm not pregnant yet, I'll surprise him the day I'll finally get pregnant then.

Minutes later, the doctor walks in and I fail to control my heart. "I did the test." she says with no emotions.

"okay... so tell me then. Am I pregnant or not?" I chuckle nervously.

"you're not pregnant Mrs Dawns." she tells me and I nod in understanding.

"okay."

I'm not pregnant now but I will be someday. Right?

"I'm sorry to inform you that it's not possible for you to get pregnant."

"w-what do you mean by that doctor?" I ask, my voice shaky.

She exhales, "you're infertile Mrs Dawns." She speaks and my heart sinks even lower.

I am infertile? How?

"No. I don't know what you're talking about doctor." I shake my head at her and she sighs.

"I'm sorry. I know how it feels but I did multiple blood tests and I still got the same results."

No.

My throat gets tighter and my heart lowers. If it is possible, my heart is on the floor, underneath my shoes.

She hands me a file as I blink away the tears forming in my eyes.

"okay." I stand to my feet and grab my bag as I head for the door.

"don't worry too much, if you can't have kids then you can adopt as many as you want." she suggests before I open the door and walk out.

Adoption?

I've always wanted to have my own kids and not only raise someone else's child without having my own. Adoption isn't a bad choice but having my own kids is all I wanted.. and still want.

Already sitting in my car, I can't help but let the tears roll down my cheeks. If only I had stayed home and hadn't assumed to be pregnant.. I wouldn't have been feeling like this now.

I take my phone out from my bag and attempt to call Adrian but instead I toss it on the other seat.

I start driving towards the only place that will make me feel better.

...

I squat before the two white stones, placing the bouquets of flowers I bought on my way here on the two graves.

THOMAS BECKER and KAREN BECKER.

"mother.. father.." my voice cracks and the tears roll down my cheeks.

"I.. I missed you both so much." Tears blurs my vision, and my throat gets tight. "you left me.You don't love me anymore."

"But I love you so much Mom and Dad. You're everything to me and I still hope to see you again."

I rub the tears from my eyes, "It's not possible for me to give birth.. the doctor had told me. S-she said that I'm infertile.. that I'll never have kids my entire life! I won't be able to give Adrian children Mom.. Dad. I don't know what to do about this, I feel useless and worthless.. I don't know where to go now... you know how much I love kids right? I've always wanted to have my own kids." I sob as I bury my head in my hands.