It's Over

Lisa's POV:

Nothing feels right, now that I have realized my mistakes. I barely sleep now. It's keeps on tormenting me.

I have decided that I'll just give them a surprise the next day and apologize to them, then, maybe they will forgive me and then we'll try to live happily as a family? Yeah.

As a family.

A sad smile dances on my lips as I blink away the tears. I'm sure they'll understand. Right?

They need to understand that it wasn't easy for me too and they also need to understand that I'm sorry.

....

It's been about an hour since Joshua informed me that he's taking me out for dinner. He said that he'll be here at exactly 7 PM and it's now 6:10, that means I only have a few minutes to get myself ready.

A knock on the door brings me back to reality.

He's here already?

I haven't even done my makeup and he's already here.

"Come in." I say to the person and the door slams open, revealing Lea.

I let out a sigh of relief as she walks in with a bouquet of red roses and a very big black gift box with a black ribbon.

"Good evening ma'am." She smiles.

I take the bouquet from her first to smell them, causing a smile to form on my lips.

Oh! I love the smell of roses.

"Put it there." I tell her, gesturing my hand to the bed.

"Sure." She replies as she puts the box on the bed.

"Thank you." I thank her and walk over to the bed where I sit and wait for Lea to leave so that I can open it and see what's inside.

Once she walks out, I remove the ribbon and open the box. The first thing I see is a red teddy bear holding a gold heart.

I love it, it'll always remind me of him whenever I'm not with him.

650 recipes cookbook?! Did he honestly buy this cookbook for me? I mean, I don't even know if I will even use it.

"Thanks though." I smile as I take out the cookbook from the box.

The other thing in the box is a jewelry that has my initials and his.

"So romantic." I say to myself as I put the jewelry around my neck.

The last thing in the box sends shivers all over my body and I gasp. Is this a lingerie?

What was he even thinking when he bought this?

I want to try on this sexy thing but I have no time and Joshua will be here soon.

"I'll get back to you my love." I say as I bring the teddy bear to my chest and hug it tightly.

...

It's now 7:45 PM and he's not here, I want to call him but maybe I should wait for some more minutes.

I don't know what's happening to him because he's always on time. He's never been late before.

After about ten minutes, I grab my phone and call him but there's no response.

I really do hope he's fine, I can't even imagine my life with him gone.

Don't think that, just call him again.

I call him again but there's no response. What's happening? Maybe I should just go to his house.

I quickly grab my purse and rush outside to my car. I drive towards his house in blind speed and in less than twenty minutes, I park my car in front of his house.