The Christmas Invasion

The idea there was more to life than planet earth always interested Raelle. She had never been contempt with the idea humans were the only beings to exists within the universe. There had to be more. The last year really did open her eyes to how right she was. Spaceship crashing into Big Ben. Oh and Rose travelling in time with a man called 'The Doctor'.

Rose surely had seen it all. Her older sister had travelled the entire galaxy it had seemed, visiting places unheard of and meeting memorable people. Raelle definitely could say she was jealous. Rose would continuously call her sister when she was away to tell her her countless stories from fighting creatures known as the 'Gelth' with Charles Dickens to encountering a 'Dalek' which she described as all evil experience human emotions. Raelle really couldn't make this up if she tried.

Regardless how amazing Rose's travels were, she had never met the Doctor before. Timing was not her forte. She always managed to miss the pair when they returned. Not once had Raelle met the mysterious man who seemed to be able to travel in time. She always did wonder what he was like; her mum certainly didn't like him that's for sure and Mickey was jealous of him, as much as he would like to deny it. In all honesty, the Doctor was an enigma to her. But he seemed to make Rose happy which is all Raelle could care about.

Aliens do exist. Time Travel is possible. All planets have a north apparently. Raelle had seemed to learn quite a considerable lot over the past year.

Christmas was Raelle's all time favourite holiday, something that always excited her as a child. The festive nostalgia of it all definitely made the holiday much better; decorating the tree, opening presents, spending the whole day in your new christmas pyjamas and eating christmas dinner. It couldn't get any better.

Jackie had been pestering Raelle all day to help her decorate the flat which Raelle had no objection to. She was set on hanging lights up around the flat to create a cozy feel for christmas.

She was hoping Rose would be back for Christmas. It would be weird to have a christmas without her sister, she had missed her massive amounts over the last year. They all had.

Pulling Raelle out of her thoughts, she could hear a haunting wheezing sound, gradually getting closer and closer. She stopped to listen to then be interrupted by her mum shouting 'Rose' and running out the flat. What on earth? Curiosity got the best of her, following her mum down into the courtyard outside the flat.

"Mum, what is it? What do you mean Rose?" Raelle yelled, sprinting after her mum. God she's never seen her mum run this fast before; only when she had to avoid an ex boyfriend. At the same time, Mickey came sprinting from the opposite side, looking up at the sky.

"Mickey!"

"Jackie, it's the TARDIS!" Mickey exclaimed.

"Oh my god, Rose is alive! She's coming back" The girl shouted. The last time she had saw Rose is when the Doctor had abandoned her back at home, attempting to save her life. Rose being Rose couldn't stay put and managed to crank open the TARDIS and soon after that disappeared. They hadn't heard anything since. She couldn't wait to see her older sister.

"I said so didn't I! She's alive!" Jackie shrieked.

"Shut up a minute" Mickey warned, looking up at the sky.

"Where is it then?"

All three of them looked up at the sky, circling round to spot the big blue police box. It surely wouldn't be hard to miss. A crash drew their vision to behind them, the box appearing out of broad daylight, crashing into the walls of neighbouring flats around them. They ducked as it neared over their heads, watching in concern as it tried to land. Surely, The Doctor wasn't that bad of a pilot.

The TARDIS landed abruptly, knocking over bins beside it, with the TARDIS door being flung open and a brunette man emerging.

"Here we are, then. London, Earth, the Solar System. I did it!"

Raelle watched, very confused, as the man enter from the TARDIS. He was dressed in all black, accompanied by a leather blazer. His brunette spiky hair was all over the place with very dramatic sideburns may she add. Jackie and Mikey had the same confused face as Raelle, looking at the Doctor as if he was alien; ironic really.

"Jackie! Mickey! No, no, no, no, hold on. Wait there. I've got something to say." The Doctor rambled, walking frantically around in circles.

You know the saying first impressions count? Raelle's first impression of the Doctor was that he was absolutely insane. Being alien and all, you never could know.

"There was something I had to tell you, something important. What was it? No, hold on, hold on. Hold on, shush, shush, shush, shush." He continued, walking either side of Jackie and Mickey, deep in thought .

The Doctor finally turned to look at Raelle, acknowledging her existence. He paused, looking at her fiercely in the eye. "Oh, I know! Merry Christmas!" He smiled. As soon as he finished, he collapsed, Raelle managing to catch him. As she caught him, a wave of energy seemed to pass through her. Coursing through her veins, a powerful yet odd sensation. She dropped him in surprise, Mickey taking over the load. How peculiar.

"What happened? Is he all right?" Raelle turned to see Rose, standing at the door of the TARDIS, a worried look on her face.

"I don't know, he just keeled over. But who is he? Where's the Doctor?" Mickey asked.

"That's not the Doctor?" Raelle asked, making her way over the comfort her sister.

"That's him, right in front of you. That's the Doctor." Rose explained flatly.

Jackie looked from the Doctor to Rose. "What do you mean, that's the Doctor? Doctor Who?"

Wouldn't we all like to know Raelle thought.

Word Count - 1020.

Sorry if it's not the best, I am new to this, a bit of fun, but I really do hope you enjoy.