Army of Ghosts

Raelle needed to get out and find the Doctor

Raelle needed to get out and find the Doctor. She could sense he was fine through their connection, taking a deep breath and exiting the TARDIS. She started to walk out, stopping herself when she spots 2 soldiers having a chat on a table beside her. 

What was she going to do? She could see endless soldiers walking around the warehouse as she looked around for anything that could help her. In the corner of her eye, a white lab coat was laying on the table as she dashed to get it before rushing back towards the TARDIS. She quickly put it on, smoothing it down with her hands. At least she now looked the part. Raelle walked away from the TARDIS, trying her best not to stand out. She admired all the technology within the warehouse. She had never seen so much alien tech. She spyed another scientist leaving the warehouse through a door as she raced after him and slipped through the door as well. Let's go and explore, she thought. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Doctor, Rose, Jackie, led by Yvonne, enter the Lever room, filled with a few desks and a huge white wall at the end of the room, with 2 levers either side. Yvonne points the Doctor at the blank wall at the far end of the Lever room as they walk over to examine it. 

"The sphere came through here." Yvonne explained. "A hole in the world. Not active at the moment, but when we fire particle engines at that exact spot, the breech opens up."

The Doctor touched the wall. He couldn't comprehend how they managed to obtain the sphere. "How did you even find it?"

"We were getting warning signs for years. A radar black spot. So we built this place, Torchwood Tower. The breech was six hundred foot above sea level. It was on the only way to reach it."

The Doctor dug out his 3D glasses, placing them on as he continued to inspect the wall. "You built a skyscraper just to reach a spatial disturbance? How much money have you got?"

"Enough." Yvonne smirked as she made her way over to her office. 

"Hold on a minute. We're in Canary Wharf." Jackie observed, as she stared out of Yvonne's office window as Rose peered over her shoulder. "Must be. This building, it's Canary Wharf."

"Well, that is the public name for it. But to those in the know, it's Torchwood." Yvonne explained.

"So, you find the breach, probe it, the sphere comes through six hundred feet above London, bam." The Doctor rambled as he leant across the doorframe. "It leaves a hole in the fabric of reality. And that hole, you think, oh, shall we leave it alone? Shall we back off? Shall we play it safe? Nah, you think let's make it bigger!" 

Yvonne glared at him as she explained their reasoning. "It's a massive source of energy. If we can harness that power, we need never depend on the Middle East again. Britain will become truly independent. Look, you can see for yourself. Next Ghost Shift's in two minutes."

"Cancel it." He ordered as Yvonne walked off.

"I don't think so."

"I'm warning you, cancel it."