Rise of the Cybermen

The Doctor caught up to Raelle and Rose as they continued to walk, hand in hand

The Doctor caught up to Raelle and Rose as they continued to walk, hand in hand.  "Mickey's mum just couldn't cope. His dad hung around for a while, but then he just sort of wandered off. He was brought up by his gran. She was such a great woman. God, she used to slap him! And then she died. She tripped and fell down the stairs. It's about five years ago now. I was still in school." Rose was telling Raelle when the Doctor joined them, overhearing their conversation.

"I never knew." He said. The girls looked over to see him.

"Well, you never asked." Rose snapped, scowling at him.

"You never said." He scowled back.

Raelle sensed the tension in the air, nervously laughing hoping to clear the air. "That's Mickey. I suppose I, we just take him for granted." She laughed nervously. "Do you think she's still alive, his gran?" She asked The Doctor.

"Could be. Like I said, parallel world, gingerbread house. We need to get out of here as fast as we can." He told the pair, walking infront of them to cut them off. Just then, there is a beeping sound and everyone stops still. The group stare at them, extremely confused as to the sudden stopping. They look frozen.

"What're they all doing?" Rose asked, waving her hand in front of someone's face.

"They've stopped." Raelle stated, looking at them and the ear pods. Everyone's ear pod flashes.

"It's the earpieces." The Doctor told them, scanning one with his screwdriver. "Like Bluetooth attachments, but everyone's connected together."

Rose nodded in agreement. "It's on my phone. It's automatic, look. It's downloading. Is this what they're all getting?" She showed her phone to the Doctor and Raelle. They both peered over her shoulder. "News, international news, sports, weather."

"They get it direct. Downloaded right into their heads." Raelle observed.

"TV schedules, lottery numbers." Rose continued.

"Everyone shares the same information. A daily download published by Cybus Industries." The Doctor stated. The next download seems to be a joke as everyone laughs, then continues about their business. The group watch them all return to normality. "You lot, you're obsessed. You'd do anything for the latest upgrade." He scolded the girls, scolding humanity in general.

"Oi, not my lot. Different world, remember." Rose reminded the man, seeming offended.

"It's not so far off your world. This place is only parallel. Oh, look at that." He pointed out, looking at the phone. "Cybus Industries, owners of just about every company in Britain, including Vitex. Mister Pete Tyler's very well connected. Oh, okay. I give up. Let's go and see him." He told the pair, racing off. Raelle couldn't help but feel nervous about the fact she may meet her 'dad'.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Later that evening, they arrived at the Tyler House. A stretched limo drives past the Doctor, Raelle and Rose, towards the grand house, as they crouched outside the gates.