School Reunion

The Doctor enters the classroom, wearing his usual pinstripe brown suit and trenchcoat, his glasses perched on his nose

The Doctor enters the classroom, wearing his usual pinstripe brown suit and trenchcoat, his glasses perched on his nose. And of course, his classic white converse. 

"Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" He asks, placing his breifcase on the desk and turning to write on the board. "So, physics. Physics, eh? Physics. Physics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics." After writing physics on the board, he turns to face the class. At the back of the class, two eyes glared at him. He grinned, looking at Raelle dressed in school uniform. "I hope one of you is getting all this down." He grinned, winking at Raelle. She scoffed. "Okay let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" He asked the class, pacing at the front. A young boy near the front puts his hand up. "Yes, er, what's your name?"

"Milo."

"Milo! Off you go." 

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge." The boy replied, blankly. 

"Correctamundo!" Raelle cringed in response. The Doctor looked at her reaction. "A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?"

The rest of the class looks bored out of their mind. Raelle put her hand in the air. If she was going to be forced to be a child, she might as well act as one. The same time Raelle put her hand in the air, Milo did as well. 

"Someone else. You, girl at the back. What's your name?" The Doctor asked her, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Raelle" she replied through gritted teeth. She was going to smack him after this.

"Go for it Raelle" He grinned at her, arms crossed.

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter." She replied, looking quite smug as the Doctor nodded his head, impressed. 

"Correct. Right. True or false. The greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings."

"False" Milo replied without hesitation. 

The Doctor suspiciously looked Milo up and down. "Ok Milo, What is non-coding DNA?"

"DNA that doesn't code for a protein."

"Sixty five thousand nine hundred and eighty three times five?"

"Three hundred and twenty nine thousand nine hundred and fifteen." Milo replied without hesitating. Raelle sat up in her seat watching the boy. This was not normal. 

"How do you travel faster than light?"

"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of thirty six point seven recurring." The  Doctor's jaw drops in response. Raelle looked at the Doctor wide eyed. They both shared a look, agreeing something was wrong. Regaining his composure, the Doctor talked back to the class. "Ok, everybody, lets continue with the lesson shall we?"