Age of Steel

The Doctor, Raelle and Mrs Moore made their way through the cooling tunnels, quietly to not attract any unwanted attention to them

The Doctor, Raelle and Mrs Moore made their way through the cooling tunnels, quietly to not attract any unwanted attention to them. The had just climbed down the ladder as they peered at the tunnel ahead of them. They could hardly see anything due to little light as Mrs Moore led the pair through the tunnels.

"It's freezing." Raelle remarked, her breath turning into a fog as she breathed.

"Any sign of a light switch?" The Doctor asked, as they cautiously made their way through.

"Can't see a thing. But I've got these." She revealed three headtorches. "A device for every occasion." She smirked.

"Ooo!" The Doctor cooed at the device, looking like a child on Christmas. Raelle smirked at him, as they all put the headtorches on. The Doctor turned to look at Raelle, laughing at the sight of her. She glared at him, pushing him forward. "Haven't got a hotdog in there, have you? I'm starving." She asked Mrs Moore.

Raelle shook her head. "Of all the things to wish for." She muttered.

"That's mechanically recovered meat." Mrs Moore told the man, laughing at the request.

"I know. It's the Cyberman of food, but it's tasty." He winked at Raelle. She scoffed.

"A proper torch as well." Mrs Moore pulled from her backpack, handing the pair both one. Raelle marvelled by how much she could fit in her backpack.

"Let's see where we are." Raelle said, shining her light down the tunnel. Her light revealed there are Cybermen ranged along both sides of the tunnel. They all froze.

The Doctor walked forward to inspect them. "Already converted, just put on ice. Come on." He beckoned the other to follow as he taps on one Cyberman's face. No reaction. "Let's go slowly. Keep an eye out for trip systems."

Raelle had a bad feeling. They continued down the tunnel, their torches shining over the cybermen.

"How did you get into this, then, rattling along with the Preachers?" Raelle asked Mrs Moore as they walked.

"Oh, I used to be ordinary. Worked at Cybus Industries, nine to five, till one day, I find something I'm not supposed to. A file on the mainframe. All I did was read it. Then suddenly I've got men with guns knocking in the middle of the night. Life on the run. Then I found the Preachers. They needed a techie, so I, I just sat down and taught myself everything." She explained.

"What about Mr Moore?" The Doctor asked her.

She sighed. "Well, he's not called Moore. I got that from a book, Mrs Moore. It's safer not to use real names. But he thinks I'm dead. It was the only way to keep him safe. Him and the kids. What about you? Got any family, or-" She asked the Doctor.

"Oh, who needs family? I've got the whole world on my shoulders." He told her. Raelle sadly looked over to the man. She knew how much losing his family, species and planet was. He never showed how much it truly affected him.