Fear Her

The group sat in Trish's living room

The group sat in Trish's living room. Raelle and Rose perch on the sofa as the Doctor stands beside them. They admire at the TV of the olympic runner making their way through. Trish stands by the door, nervously fiddling with her hands. 

"She stays in her room most of the time. I try talking to her, but it's like trying to speak to a brick wall. She gives me nothing, just asks to be left alone."

"What about Chloe's dad?" Rose asks.

"Chloe's dad died a year ago."

Raelle gave her a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry." 

Trish shook her head. "You wouldn't be if you'd known him."

"Well, let's go and say hi." The Doctor shrugged, bobbing up and down, urging to go see Chloe. They all knew there was something strange about the girl. Trish held her hands out to stop him.

"I should check on her first. She might be asleep."

The Doctor looked her over, noticing the hint of fear in her eyes. "Why are you afraid of her, Trish?"

"I want you to know before you see her that's she's really a great kid."

"I'm sure she is." Rose nodded.

"She's never been in trouble at school you should see her report from last year. A's and B's." She smiled at the two girls.

Raelle cleared her throat. "Can I use your loo?" She asked, an innocent smile plastered on her face. Trish nodded at her as she left with the Doctor and Rose giving the girl sly smiles. 

Instead of the loo, Raelle made her way upstairs. There was a chance Trish wouldn't let them see Chloe so she needed to explore for herself. The door to Chloe's bedroom starts to open as Raelle ducks to hide in the airing closet as Chloe comes out of her room and goes downstairs. Raelle exhales as she slowly enters Chloe's room and sees the wall covered in drawings. Closely inspecting them she notices they are familiar. There are drawings of Dale and the cat. She frowns as a noise from the wardrobe causes her to jump back, knocking over a jar of coloured pencils. She moves to pick them up, placing them back on the table as she inspects the pictures again. Dale is scowling. Raelle looks at the picture in shock. It changed.

The doors to the wardrobe rattle again, causing Raelle to spin to face them. She was starting to feel uneasy. She moves across the room and opens them. As she opens them, a wind blows in her face. In confusion, she parts the clothes to see a drawing of a bearded, yellow-eyed man, red glowing at her as a voice bellows.

"I'm coming."

"Doctor!" She screams out as she continues to stare at the drawing. The picture continues to growl at her, a sense of fear coursing through her body. Raelle feels transfixed as she stares at the picture, not being able to move. 

"I'm coming to hurt you." It bellows at her. The Doctor races into the room, pulling Raelle back and shuts the doors.

"Look at it." Raelle tells him, eyes wide, against the door.