The Runaway Bride

The group emerge from the lift into a lowly lit basement corridor

The group emerge from the lift into a lowly lit basement corridor. Raelle scrunched her nose as a damp smell made its way to her nose as she looked around. It was lit an eerie green, making Raelle feel somewhat unsettled.

"Where are we?" Donna asked, warranting her no response. "Well, what goes on down here?"

"Let's find out." Raelle shrugged as she walked forward to make her way down the corridor, the others following her in her pursuit. 

"Do you think Mister Clements knows about this place?" Donna asked, following after Raelle.

"The mysterious HC Clements? I think he's part of it." Raelle turned, waggling her eyebrows mischievously at Donna. "Oh, look. Transport." She points over Donna's shoulder to four electric segways, eyes gleaming as she races over to them. 

"And you call me a child?" The Doctor mocks her, lowering his head to whisper in her ear. She rolls her eyes, swatting him on the chest as they all board the segways and continue down the corridor. As they travel, Raelle looks over to see Donna smiling before she bursts out laughing. At the sounds of Donna's laughing, Raelle and the Doctor can't help but crack and laugh along as they continue down the corridor. They laugh hysterically at the unserious situation they find themselves in as Lance looks at them as if they were crazy. They probably were. At the end of the corridor, they arrive at a bulkhead door labelled Torchwood; Authorised personnel only. The Doctor moves to turn the wheel on the door to open it, revealing a ladder.

"Wait here. Just need to get my bearings." He informs them, starting to move up the ladder. "Don't do anything." He points an accusatory finger to Donna and Lance as Raelle stands beside him as she watches him go.

"You'd better come back." She joked as he paused, looking down smiling.

"I couldn't get rid of you if I tried." He winked before disappearing up the ladder.

"Donna, have you thought about this?" Lance scoffed, shifting Raelle's focus to the couple. "Properly? I mean, this is serious! What the hell are we going to do?"

"Oh, I thought July." Donna gave Lance a sarcastic smile as Raelle smiled to herself. Donna's wit never failed to make her laugh.

"Thames flood barrier right on top of us." The Doctor's voice yelled from the ladder as he reappeared. "Torchwood snuck in and built this place underneath."

"What, there's like a secret base hidden underneath a major London landmark?" Donna frowned.

"Oh, I know. Unheard of." The Doctor joked, sharing a knowing look with Raelle as they continued further down the corridor. Near the end of the corridor, The Doctor opened another door to reveal a laboratory, filled with loads of test tubes, bubbling away.

"Oo, look at this." The Doctor marvelled, placing his glasses on to study the tubes. "Stunning!"

"You and your science." Raelle mocked, stealing his glasses to impersonate him as she stared at the tubes. The Doctor shook his head laughing, messing Raelle's hair as he moved further into the laboratory.