Twin Flames

After the scans, Raelle felt on edge

After the scans, Raelle felt on edge. The sensation she had felt during the scan was painful, making her skin shiver. Rose had explained to her that gold energy had emerged from her body during the scan, leaving Raelle even more confused to what was happening to her. 

They had all moved to another room, a cosier room with sofas and tables. Raelle sat on one of the sofas, her legs pulled to her chest with a blanket wrapped around her to the Doctor and Rose's request. Rose sat next to her sister as the Doctor paced around the room while they waited for Novice Hame. 

A knock at the door revealed Novice Hame entering the room. She smiled at the group, as she settled in an armchair across from Raelle. The Doctor stopped pacing, moving to stand behind Raelle on the sofa and placed his hands behind her as he stared down Novice Hame.

"Raelle, I want to apologise again for the discomfort you experienced during the testing today-"

"Discomfort?!" Rose scoffed. "You put her through agony and refused to stop the tests."

"We couldn't have stopped the tests." Novice Hame stated.

"You made that pretty clear." The Doctor mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"It's ok." Raelle smiled at Novice Hame. Even though the tests were painful, they had discovered something new. It added to the bigger picture. A little bit of pain was manageable. "Did you find out anything?"

"We did. Even though your scan was cut short, it revealed some interesting results." Novice Hame revealed some scans from a folder. She held out two sets of scans towards Raelle and the Doctor. Raelle studied her scan which showed her biology and energy fields; same as in the TARDIS. The only difference was where the energy fields all converged in her heart, there was a black emptiness all around her heart. She furrowed her brows at the emptiness, looking up at the Doctor to see he was looking at the same part she was. 

She turned the scan towards Rose, allowing her to look as she looked to Novice Hame. "What do the results show?"

Novice Hame sighed. "We've never seen anything like this before but both you and the Doctor's energy fields match. They're identical." She explained. Raelle shared a look with the Doctor who had come to sit on the other side of her on the sofa. "The only difference is Raelle." She told the girl. Raelle fidgeted in her seat, not really knowing what to respond.

The Doctor frowned. "What do you mean?"

"She shows exceptionally high energy levels for a human but that is merely mirroring your own." She told the Doctor. "But the emptiness. It ties everything together."

"Ties what together?" Rose asked Novice Hame, not really understanding what was the diagnosis.

Novice Hame cleared her throat. "Have you ever heard of the term Twin Flames?" Raelle and Rose looked at one another, very confused. They hadn't heard of that term before, not knowing what it meant. They both turned to look at the Doctor to see he was staring at Novice Hame blankly, slightly pale. Raelle took a wild guess that he knew.