Idiots Lantern

The Doctor, Tommy and Detective Bishop managed to break into Magpies Electricals

The Doctor, Tommy and Detective Bishop managed to break into Magpies Electricals. The Doctor smashed the window, unlocking the door from the inside much to the Detective's protests. "Shop! If you're here, come out and talk to me! Magpie!" The Doctor bellowed as he entered the shop. He was angry. Angry for Raelle and Rose. 

"Maybe he's out." Tommy offered as he looked around the shop. 

"Looks like it" The Doctor sighs. He walks over to the counter, searching the drawers for anything, finding a portable television. "Oh, hello. This isn't right. This is very much not right." He licked the television. "Tastes like iron. Bakelite." He cringed at the taste. "Put together with human hands, yes, but the design itself. Oh, beautiful work. That is so simple." He marvelled.

"That's incredible." Detective Bishop stared in awe. "It's like a television, but portable. A portable television." 

The Doctor raises his sonic screwdriver.  "It's not the only power source in this room." The television screens each light up with a different face mouthing help me. Detective Bishop and Tommy look in shock.

"Gran?" Tommy gasps, walking over to see his gran mouthing his name on the television. The Doctor spots Rose, mouthing Doctor. He walks over, frowning, resting a hand beside the screen she's on.

"I'm on my way." He reassured her. A clatter pulls the Doctor's focus as Magpie comes in from the back.

He looks startled at the group. "What do you think you're doing?" He scowled. 

"I want my friend restored, and I think that's beyond a little backstreet electrician, so tell me, who's really in charge here?" He grabbed Magpie by his collar, glaring down at the man.  

"Yoo hoo!" A voice from the television called out. The Doctor let go of Magpie, looking confused at a woman talking on the television. "I think that must be me. Ooh, this one's smart as paint."

"Is she talking to us?" Detective Bishop asked, frowning in confusion at the woman.

Magpie cleared his throat from behind the group. "I'm sorry, gentlemen, I'm afraid you've brought this on yourselves. May I introduce you to my new friend." He gestured to the woman on the television.

"Jolly nice to meet you." The woman smiled. 

Detective Bishop gasped. "Oh my God, it's her, that woman off the telly."

"No, it's just using her image." The Doctor glared at the woman. 

"What? What are you?" Tommy asked the woman.

"I'm the Wire, and I will gobble you up, pretty boy. Every last morsel. And when I have feasted, I shall regain the corporeal body, which my fellow kind denied me." She threatened Tommy with an amused smile on her face. The black and white image transforms into a coloured image of the woman who was continuously smiling at the group.