Fear Her

Rose hammers on Trish's door

Rose hammers on Trish's door. She was trying her best not to panic. Trish appears at the door, a confused look on her face as Rose pushes past her and runs upstairs. "It's okay. I've taken all the pencils off her." Trish calls after her, closing the door before racing up the stairs to catch her. 

Rose slams open Chloe's door, racing over to her desk and snatches the drawing of the Doctor, Raelle and the Tardis.

"Leave me alone." Chloe bellows at Rose. "I want to be with Chloe Webber. I love Chloe Webber."

"Bring them back, now." Rose glared at the young girl before her. 

"No."

Rose placed a hand down her face, trying her best to calm herself before placing either hands beside Chloe and bellowing at the girl. "Don't you realise what you've done? They were the only ones who could help you. Now bring them back!"

"Leave me alone! I love Chloe Webber!" Chloe shouted back at Rose. 

Rose paused, looking at the sadden look on Chloe's face. She exhaled, nodding sympathetically as she stood. "I know. I know." She looked down at the drawing of the Doctor and Raelle, frowning. "Rae, Doctor, if you can hear me, I'm going to get you both out of there. I'll find the pod." She turns to leave, speaking to Trish as she walks out. "Don't leave her alone, no matter what."

Rose leaves Trish's house, muttering to herself. "Heat. They travel on heat." That's what the Doctor had said about the pod before he disappeared. She sighed, closing her eyes to try and focus herself. The thought of losing the Doctor, especially her sister consumed her thoughts. 

"Look at this finish. Smooth as a baby's bottom." A voice interrupted her thoughts as she opened her eyes to see Kel admiring his latest tarmac patch, smoothing it down with his bare hand. "Not a bump or a lump." He continued, looking over to Rose, a smug grin on his face. She rushed over to him, crouching down beside him 

" Kel, was there anything in this street in the last few days giving off a lot of heat?" She asked him. 

"I mean, you can eat your dinner off this. Beautiful." He continued. Rose huffed in frustration. "So you tell me why the other one's got a lump in it when I gave it the same love and craftsmanship as I did this one."

Rose shrugged. "Well, when you've worked it out, put it in a big book about tarmacking, but before you do that, think back six days."

Kel nodded, looking at Rose. "Six days. When I was laying this the first time round."

Rose frowned. "What?" 

"Well, that's when I filled in this pothole for the first time." 

Rose looked from the pothole beside her and the adjacent one further down the street. "Six days ago." She muttered. 

"Yeah." Kel nodded in agreement. 

"Hot fresh tar."

"Blended to a secret council recipe." Kel boasted to Rose but Rose darted up and towards the van, slamming the back doors open wide. "I don't keep it in the van! Hey, that's a council van. Out." Kel called out after her.