Army of Ghosts

The TARDIS materialises in a corner of the children's playground on a bright, sunny day

The TARDIS materialises in a corner of the children's playground on a bright, sunny day. Rose and Raelle emerge from the TARDIS with a heavy rucksack each, strapped onto their backs. The two decided together a trip home was a good idea, needing much quality time with their mum. Especially with the amount of washing they have. They make their way back to their flat, chatting and giggling as the Doctor trails behind the pair. 

Rose bursts through the front door. "Mum, it's us! We're back!" She exclaims as Jackie emerges from the living room. 

"Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone. You never use it!" Jackie huffs at her two daughters who smile back at her. 

"Shut up, come here!" Rose pulls her mum into a tight hug. 

"Oh, I love you!" Jackie mutters at Rose.

"I love you!" Rose chuckles against her, as she breaks away to place her rucksack down. Jackie steps away from Rose, pulling Raelle into a tight hug. Raelle giggled as she hugged her mum. She hadn't seen her in forever. 

"I love you so much!" Jackie told Raelle, placing a kiss to her forehead. Rose huffed at the pair, hands on hips as she stared at them.

"I always knew you had a favourite and clearly it shows." She gestured her arms to Raelle who rushed over and tackled her sister onto the sofa. 

"Someone's jealous." Raelle mused as they chuckled together on the sofa. The Doctor watched them, smiling as he made his way past. 

Jackie notices the Doctor, grabbing ahold of him. "Oh no, you don't. Come here!" She pinned the Doctor, placing a big kiss to his lips. The Doctor squirmed in response. Raelle and Rose laughed out loud at the uncomfortable expression on the Doctor's face as Jackie pulled him into a tight hug. "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine."

"Just, just, just put me down!" He protested against her. Jackie lets go, moving her way over to the rucksacks as Rose jumps up to join her. 

Raelle stays lying on the sofa as the Doctor replaces Rose's position on the sofa, allowing Raelle to dangle her legs onto his lap. She gave the Doctor an amused look which resulted in him smacking her legs for her to stop. She glares at him, taking full advantage of her legs being placed on his lap to kick down below, causing him to grunt in pain. She smiled smugly at him - she never lost.

"I've got loads of washing for you." Rose told Jackie as she rifled in the rucksack. "And we got you this." She reveals a small ornate metal nick-nack in her palm, holding it out for their mum. 

"It's from the market on this asteroid bazaar." Raelle told Jackie from the sofa, as she and Rose marvelled at it. "It's made of, er, what's it called?" She asked the Doctor, who was still glaring at her.

"Bazoolium." He replied in a deadpan expression.

"Bazoolium." Raelle continued, sticking her tongue out at him. "When it gets cold, yeah, it means it's going to rain. When it's hot, it's going to be sunny. You can use it to tell the weather." She smiled as Jackie pressed a kiss to her and Rose's forehead as a thank you gesture.