Tooth and Claw

Raelle looks around the room, noticing a carving of mistletoe on the door

Raelle looks around the room, noticing a carving of mistletoe on the door. Mistletoe? Bit out of season? "Mistletoe." She pointed to the door. "Sir Robert, did you father put that there?" She asked. 

"I don't know. I suppose." 

"On the other door, too." The Doctor noticed. "No, a carving wouldn't be enough. I wonder." He licks the woodwork. Raelle scrunched her nose up in disgust. "Viscum album, the oil of the mistletoe. It's been worked into the wood like a varnish. How clever was your dad? I love him. Powerful stuff, mistletoe. Bursting with lectins and viscotoxins."

"And the wolf's allergic to it?" Rose asked. 

"Well, it thinks it is. The monkey monk monks need a way of controlling the wolf, maybe they trained it to react against certain things." The Doctor explained. 

"Nevertheless, that creature won't give up, Doctor, and we still don't possess an actual weapon." Robert argued. 

"Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?" The Doctor mocked. 

"Being rude again." Raelle murmured to him. 

"Good. I meant that one. You want weapons? We're in a library." He gestured to their surroundings. "Books! Best weapons in the world." He began to run over to the bookshelves, pulling the books down. "This room's the greatest arsenal we could have." He throws some books to Raelle, she only just managing to catch them. "Arm yourself."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Rose flipped through numerous books, looking for one that may help them in their current situation. "Biology, zoology. There might be something on wolves in here" 

"Hold on, what about this? A book on mistletoe." Raelle asked, picking up the book, showing it to the Doctor. He grabbed his glasses out of the pocket, putting them on and peering at the book. 

"A book on magic?" Rose guessed. 

"Some form of explosive." Robert offered. 

"Hmm, that's the sort of thing." The Doctor hummed in agreement. 

"Wolf's bane, what about that?" Rose asked, peering at the chapter in the book. 

"Look what your old dad found." The Doctor showed Robert, pointing to the book. "Something fell to Earth.

"A spaceship?" Raelle asked, raising her eyebrows.

"A shooting star." Robert stated. He peered down to the book, reading from the chapter. "In the year of our Lord 1540, under the reign of King James the Fifth, an almighty fire did burn in the pit. That's the Glen of Saint Catherine just by the monastery."

"But that's over three hundred years ago." Raelle stated, crossing her arms, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's it been waiting for?"

"Maybe just a single cell survived. Adapting slowly down the generations, it survived through the humans, host after host after host." The Doctor queried.