The Impossible Planet

The Doctor and Raelle had resided themselves to habituation three

The Doctor and Raelle had resided themselves to habituation three. From losing the TARDIS, they decided to start working on the foreign alien text on the walls. Well, they - mostly the Doctor. Surely he would be able to crack it. Raelle could feel the worry weighing down on her chest, reflecting the Doctor's feelings. She mirrored the same feelings but chose not to dwell on it. 

She sat at one of the tables in the room, watching the Doctor perch in front of the wall to decipher the text. She still had the Doctor's glasses pressed on her face. She was definitely going to steal them from him. She decided to go talk to the Ood. She didn't understand how any species would want to be a slave race. 

"Help yourself." Scooti gestured to the food the Ood were handing out. "Just don't have the green. Or the blue." She joked as Raelle smiled warmly at her. She makes her way over to the serving window. She smiled at the Ood. 

"My sister did that job once. She was a, a dinner lady." Raelle chuckled, remembering how much Rose disliked that job. "Not that I'm calling you a lady. Although, I don't know, you might be. Do you actually get paid, though? Do they give you money?"

The Ood stared at her, eyes flickering red. "The Beast and his Armies shall rise from the Pit to make war against God."

She froze, blinking at the Ood. "I'm sorry?"

The Ood tapped the yellow orb in his hand. "Apologies. I said, I hope you are doing well" The Ood reiterated. 

"Yeah." She replied, eyeing the Ood as she slowly nodded her head, heading back over to the table. That was strange, she thought. The lights flickered as she sat back down. 

"Zach? Have we got a problem?" Ida asked over the comms. 

"No more than usual. Got the Scarlet System burning up. Might be worth a look." Zach replied. 

Ida made her way over to the side of the room, flipping a switch. "You might want to see this. Moment in history." She told Raelle and the Doctor. She opens the shutters to reveal the black hole. "There. On the edge." She pointed to beside the black hole, a red cloud. Raelle looked up in awe. "That red cloud. That used to be the Scarlet System. Home to the Peluchi, a mighty civilisation spanning a billion years, disappearing forever. Their planets and suns consumed. Ladies and gentlemen, we have witnessed its passing." She announced. She moved to turn the shutters off again. 

"Er, no, could you leave it open?" The Doctor asked her. "Just for a bit. I won't go mad, I promise." 

Ida chuckled. "How would you know?" She turned to face Scooti. "Scooti, check the lockdown. Jefferson, sign off the airlock seals for me." Jefferson, Scooti and Ida leave, leaving the Raelle and the Doctor to admire the black hole above them. 

"I've seen films and things." Raelle stated from where she sat, staring up at the black hole in awe. "They say black holes are like gateways to another universe."