Secrets

"well Lucky him, I was raised by the land"  I said to neteyam as I turned away.  I dont know why I was opening up to him, he's a complete stranger.  I turned away and began to walk.  I wasn't going to my tree anymore because I did not want it to be spotted.  I just walked where my feet took me.  I could still feel neteyams presence behind me, how could I not? 

"so you've been here alone for how ever long youve been here?"  Neteyam spoke up.  I stopped walking and just stood there.  Why was he prying?  " at first i was in the forest, I had parents, they're not here obviously." my voice quivering with sadness "And I'm not alone I have Eywa."  I said with a stronger tone.  If Eywa did not want me to live on the her land, she would of had me killed along time ago. 

"Not to pry-" Neteyam started,
"But you are" I turned to him and looked at him with water in my eyes.  Hopefully not enough for him to notice.  He looked shocked by my response as I was too.  He looked down at the ground, "I'm sorry, sensitive topic. what were you saying?" I tried to give him a light smile. 

"i wanted to ask how you got here"  he said quietly.  I tilted my head still wondering why he cared.  "I came here to the ocean after the war, I made a connection with a Direhourse at first, then I built a raft and basically traveled the seas trustign Eywa to take me where i needed."  He looked up surpised, "you dont have a Queue, how'd you make the connection?" 

smiling i answered, "Aniamsl have more than one way of communicating and bonding.  I could communicate with her without having one."  I wish so badly that I could be like them, Eywa if you're listening, I'd give anything to be one with them.

"I had no clue that was possible.  I'm truly amazed."  He really looked amazed.  I sat down by a bush that glows when you touch it.  "I did not either, and im surpirised you dont wish to kill me.  Not that I'm really much of a threat"  I chuckled lightly.  "There was no reason to, I came here to see you to get to know you.  I can't really do that if you're dead."  I looked over to him as he was walking over to sit down text to me.  "why would you want to get to know me, and aren't your parents worried about you?"

"I'm not sure why,"  neteyam started, "I just felt a need to come and see you.  I think it was Eywa pushing me towards you."  looking at me he continued, "well you see, I told my parents I saw a human in the woods and wanted to meet her-"
"-YOU DID WHAT!" I jumped up and looked at him with wide eyes.  Full of panic
He started hysterically laughing "I told them I wanted to explore the place tonight to see the beautiful stars." he finished by looking at the stars. 

"You're a complete asshole," I said smaking him in the head lightly. "Why would you say that??"  He looked at my panic filled faced and just kept looking at me almost like how I was looking at him earlier.  the only difference is, I dont have something that makes me beautiful. 

"for being a human, you seems really strong."  He randoomly said causing me to look at him confused.  "not just physically, but mentally, and you heart, it is strong"  He said smiling which i returned with a light hearted mild smile.

"Well, my oxygen is getting low and I have to get another tank eventually." I said as I turned away and started walking, "I could walk you back to the lab if you'd like" Neteyam hollered.  I didn't say anything back I just nodded my head to accept his offer.  I know I just met him, but I trust him, I believe Eywa sent him to me or me to him. 

We were walking back quietly, not that it was awkward but there was simply not much to say.  I was amazed by his height, it was magical, everything about them seemed magical.  I looked up to him and smiled, I have no clue why but it has been nice to have someone to talk to.  Should I say that to him?  I don't want to seem mean but I also dont want to seem too close, i might scare him.  What do i do?  All of a sudden I can hear leaves being stepped on behind us.  Neteyam heard them too cause I saw him stop at the same time as me and his ears perk up.  I am so sick of things sneaking up behind me today.  As I am about to turn around neteyam puts me behind him in a protective way, therefore blocking me from seeing something or something seeing me. 

"Neteyam?"  Some other Navi stated
"Lo'ak, what are you doing here?" neteyam responded.  Lo'ak?  I peek my head out to see and I see a boy shorter than Neteyam.  As I am looking at him, he spots me and goes wide eyed.  I didn't feel threatened but I was indeed nervous.  Lo'ak looked back at his brother "Is this the human?"  Neteyam turned around and looked at me like he was saying sorry with his eyes. 

I went around Neteyam to look at Lo'ak, "I have a name other than 'human',"  i rolled my eyes at him "It's y/n, you were the boy that had googly eyes on the chiefs daughter earlier."  Lo'ak looked shocked and I heard neteyam laugh behind me, "someones got a back bone" Lo'ak stated laughing too. 
"Oh yeah, you should have seen her when I first came to see her, she was going to stab me had i gotten any closer."  neteyam was joking around and i took my knife and tossed it to a tree by his head, "and i'll do it if i get pissed" i said seriously then began laughing.  I walked to grab my knife from the tree and neteyam went to walk by lo'ak.  i could hear them mumbling about how long he's been gone.  I wasn't mad that lo'ak found me, he was looking for his brother as long as the whole clan doesnt see me.

When I got over to the tree I put my hand on it and felt it shake a little.  i grabbed my knife out of it, "guys I think we have a visator."  i whisper yell as they both turn their head.

........................
Authors note
Hey there, as always leave recomendations.
how did you guys like neteyam putting y/n behind his back?