Cave pt. 2

"Okay," I said moving a little, "ask me something"

"What did it feel like?" He asked not specifying.

"What did What feel like?  Getting shot?" I asked

"All of it," he said looking to me.

"Neteyam I don't think you wanna know, I don't think it'll help with anything," I said trying to not answer him.

"I want to know, I want to see what you've seen, I want to help but I can't really help without knowing what you've been through," he said trying to get me to answer him.

I took a deep breath and sat up.  "I'll start off before the gun shot.  I saw one of the seeds from the tree and knew I was going the right thing in my heart.  I was scared because my dream I had came to life,"

Neteyam put his hand on my back in a comforting way, "I didn't even realize that was your dream at the time" he said surprised.

"I did, and I couldn't let you take that bullet." I said looking down.

"So you took it," he said.

"Yeah, when I grabbed your shoulders I didn't do it to toss myself over, I did it to protect you." I paused, "when I felt the bullet hit my back and through my chest I felt it instantly.  There was a pain in my chest that quickly spread."

"I'm sorry," Neteyam said.

I held up my hand to make him not apologize. "It burnt as it spread and when we hit the water it was like I couldn't breath even though I had my mask on.  That's why I grabbed your hand, you basically pulled me to to surface cause I could feel my strength fading."

"I thought you did that to let me know you were there," Neteyam said putting his hand on his head. 

"Everything Else happened so quickly with you guys taking me over to the rock.  I spotted in and out the last thing I clearly remember was Lo'ak holding me tighter covering my wound when I didn't whistle back to him,"

"I don't think lo'ak showed how much it hurt him or how scared he was, when you were fully gone everyone stayed quiet but I let out war cries" Neteyam said sitting up. 

"I remember you guys carrying me to the rock and me saying my goodbyes to everyone after I saw jakes expression after seeing me, I knew I wasn't going to make it"

"I remember kissing you and then everything just went so quick.  Then I felt my breath get shorter and this popping in my chest, I tasted blood in my mouth and just felt the darkness swallow me" I said glancing at him.

Neteyam watched me intently, "what did the darkness feel like?"

"When I fell into it I was ripped away from your arms and pulled into nothing.  I was there for what felt like hours and I was alone.  I thought it was hell," I said looking up to the sky trying not to think too hard. 

"If this is too much you don't have to," Neteyam said turning his body around to come face to face with mine. 

"No, no, you want to hear it and that's basically it" I said.  "When I came out of the darkness I was in the same place I was the first time I talked to Eywa and my parents.  And they filled me in and everything."

"Okay," he said seeing that I was done with the story and rubbing my arm.

"Why did you say you see me when you were dying?" He asked catching me off guard.

"Because I saw you, I saw who you really were, I saw deep into your soul and how much you cared for me and your family. I noticed you were more than I ever thought and I finally admitted to myself and to you that I loved you back, didn't wish to hold you back from finding a true mate." I said pausing.