The Tulkan Warnings

We walk out and saw everyone leaving into the ocean to warn the Tulkun. This is so sad and not fair. This world is supposed to be peaceful.

"Why were you okay with your dad sending me into the forest?" I asked Neteyam kind of monotoned.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt again," Neteyam said worriedly.

"I will be fine, but you guys need to know your fights are my fights too," I told him so he'd understand.

We continued walking until I realized that lo'ak wasn't with us anymore.  I looked harder but there was no sign of him.

"Neteyam," I asked and he stopped to look at me in my frozen state. "Lo'ak has that Tulkun friend right?" I asked slowly turning to him he wasn't sure what I was meaning.

"Yeah so what?" Neteyam said

"Lo'aks not here walking with us anymore," I told him and he finally realized what I was meaning.

"He went to warn Payakan," Neteyam said taking my hand to run with him.  He was running so fast it was hard for me to keep up but I did.

We were looking all around until we got to our hut and saw him.  We both let out a breath and Neteyam walked over to his brother. 

"Bro, I thought you left," he said joking around and Lo'ak just gave him a look.

"you're not leaving are you?" I asked him and he looked behind Neteyam to me. 

"I am, I have to let Payakan know what's going on, he has no one else to warn him."  Lo'ak told me and Neteyam. 

Neteyam grabbed his brothers shoulder still joking, "you need to stay your shxawng ass here little bro,"

Lo'ak shook Neteyam hand off and continued getting his Ilu ready.  I was staying silent looking between them talking.

"Why do you have to make things so hard," Neteyam said and laughed a little.

"No you mean why can I be the perfect son, the perfect soldier like you!" Loak said, "he's my brother and I need to warn him".

"I am you're brother and you need to listen to me," Neteyam said and lo'ak was getting annoyed.

Lo'ak pointed out to the ocean as Neteyam took a step back, "he's my brother and I'm going to go warn him,".  Repeating himself from before

Neteyam turned to me and his face was angry and he turned back around and got in Lo'aks face looking pissed and hurt.  I was just shocked.  He shook his head and was just so upset.  He does so much for them and get treated like this.

When Neteyam turned around again Lo'ak jumped into the water and took off.

"Neteyam!" I yelled at him and pointed running to the edge.  He called his Ilu and went to jump in, "wait I'm coming,"

He turned to me still upset, "no you're not, you're going to stay here and be safe," he said jumping in leaving me behind.  What the fuck. 

Eywa please help.  I need to go, help me.

I thought for a second and tried to call and Ilu.  I called an Ilu and was shook when I saw one pop up, it didn't have a rider.  It was so pretty and looked strong and ready to go.

I looked down and smiled, even though I did not have a Queue I felt a connection, this one was mine and it chose me too.

I jumped onto it grabbing my bow and arrows and followed Neteyam along with Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo, they had no clue I was behind him.  Lo'ak just passed Kiri and Tuk without saying anything and they looked confused. 

Neteyam yelled, "he is going to warn Payakan," he told them.

"Wait we're coming," Kiri said to him and looked at Tuk.  She turned her head when she saw more motion and saw me on an Ilu. 

"Y/n, how did you do that??" Kiri asked.

"I don't know, it chose me and I chose it when I called for one," I smiled at her she looked absolutely amazed.

"If Eywa didn't already choose you she just did," Tuk said as we both started racing towards them.  Mine was faster than hers and the others so I was catching up when we saw Payakan and Lo'ak trying to pull a tracker out of him.

"Oh shit," I whispered as we all got up to it. 

This caused everyone's head to swing around and be totally confused about me being on an Ilu and controlling it.

"Y/n what are you doing here, I told you to stay at the hut!" He told me. 

"And I told you your fights are my fights to, and this goes for everyone so here I am," I said dismounting the Ilu and going over to the tracker pulling it with Lo'ak.

I looked in the distance and saw a ship coming.  "Guys, there's a ship, we need to hurry," I yelled

"We need a rope," I said as Neteyam was right there with in tying it around the tracker.  I took the rope out of his hand and tied it to my Ilu.  I told her to go forward as strong as she could.

It took a few tries before it got ripped out with everyone else pulling on the tracker.  But with every second the ship was getting closer and closer.  We could see things coming off of the ship towards us.  We all looked at each other and Neteyam took the tracker. 

"I will lead them away you guys run," he yelled diving under.  I wasn't even going to argue I was just going to follow everyone else. 

I got back on my Ilu and took off with everyone, I stayed in the back to make sure everyone was together as we got chased.  That was until Tuk flew off of kiris Ilu and I grabbed her hand to pull her on mine.  I stayed behind Lo'ak and Tsireya as she also had to jump on his Ilu. 

We were swimming as fast as we could through the coral until we all dismounted the ilus leading the people following us astray and swam into a pod underwater. 

"Is everyone okay," I asked and we all looked at each other and nodded followed by a hug. 

"You are amazing y/n, you don't even have a queue and you have an Ilu." Tsireya told me and I just smiled at her.

"Everyone else got away, we were the ones staying chased," I said as we pulled away. 

"I saw Neteyam already way out when he dropped the tracker and he made it too," lo'ak told me.

"Good, good," I said looking into the water.  "But now we need to figure out how we're going to be able to leave and get free." Looking back up at them.

Lo'ak and Tsireya looked down and saw lights coming, "we just have to go for it, and hope" Lo'ak said

We all looked at each other as they took a deep breath and headed under water.

We were instantly met with a robotic crab looking thing and saw as fast as we could trying so hard.   That was until we were caught up in a net.  Lo'ak made it out of the net but us three girls were stuck.  This is stupid.  We were pulled out of the water in the net but lo'ak held on trying to cut us out, failing.

................
Leave your opinion.  We're getting into the juicy stuff and I'm trying to make these chapters last longer.