Night Ride

I fell asleep next to Neteyam and all was good again for a little while.  I was having a peaceful night until gruesome imagines formed and sent me back to the panic feeling.

I shot up replaying the images in my head.  I held my head in my hands trying to get rid of the images I saw, I could feel the emotion behind them. 

I sat there holding myself trying to burn the images out of my head when I felt neteyam lightly rub my back causing me to jump and almost hiss.  I looked at him sitting up next to me. 

"It's okay it was just a dream" he said trying to comfort me. 

"I just want my head to become clear" I told him laying my head on his shoulder.  We sat there for a minute in silence.

Neteyam stood up quietly as to not wake his siblings.   "Come," He held out his hand for me to take in which I did standing up. 

"Where are we going," I asked him. 

"You'll see love," he said pulling me out of the hut.  We walked into a secluded area away from the huts. 

When he stopped he made a call to one of his animals.  Shortly after I saw his Ikran flying to us making neteyam smile and turn to me.

"I can't think of something more free feeling than flying in the sky," he said hopping onto his Ikran connecting their Queues.  "I couldn't protect you from what you're feeling now but I can try to help,"

I smiled at the gesture and that he was trying to help.  I hopped on his Ikran holding onto him. 

"I ride when I need to clear my head or relax, so maybe it'll help you," he said as we started to take off.

I held onto him tight, I've never been this high.  The view was drop dead gorgeous.  I looked around at everything seeing it from a new perspective.  I felt the wind on my face and felt free.

Everything felt right in the moment we were in.  I was too distracted by what was going on around us to feel that void.  I smiled against Neteyams back.  It was a genuine smile full of joy and being okay.

"There's my girl," he said feeling me smile I buried my head into his back hiding my face.  Even when my world feels damaged I felt okay with him. 

We flew around the forest too on top of the trees. It was so beautiful from this angle.  It hit me that I haven't been in the forest yet and felt a little sad that I abandoned it.

"Can we go down," I softly asked neteyam gesturing to the forest and he smiled.  He knelt his Ikran to the side as we glided down to the ground by the forest.  We hit the ground and I hopped off the Ikran holding Neteyams hand. 

"I haven't been in since I came back," I said a little sadness in my voice.

"You've only been back for almost a couple days, and you're going through so much so there's no reason to be guilty" he said walking me forward into the forest. 

We stepped onto the grass and I felt like I was home again especially with him by my side.  The forest was so much better seeing it from this view and things even seemed brighter. 

In a few steps I was leading neteyam exploring the forest.  I spun around with a smile on my face. This is where I want to be with him. 

Since it was night time everything was glowing around us and his freckles were too.  I stopped and starred and him and his freckles. 

"Even with everything in this forest being beautiful, you're still the most gorgeous thing here," he said stepping forward.  I just gave him a huge smile giggling.