Connection to Eywa

"No I havent," I said looking at both Neytiri and Ronal. I looked over to Neteyam who was just as confused.

"Oh y/n, you haven't been connected to Eywa yet on this land." Neytiri said and I was still confused.

"Even though you have trauma which is normal, it's a lot stronger and more painful," Ronal said gesturing to the tree. "You need to connect to the tree" she said.

"How will connecting to it help this feeling around me?" I asked not believing them.

"It will bring you closer to Eywa, a connection with the land, with her, and she can show you something to help." Neytiri said.

"Your soul hasn't fully transferred over to your new body and life, connecting to the tree may help," Ronal said, "we will leave you two be, you need this to heal and need to do it on your own,"

The parents started walking out of the woods, Jake turned back to me and gave me a hug. "I understand what your going through believe it or not, I was in the military when I was human and had those same flashbacks and same anger" he said pulling away pointing to my chest, "you will get through this," he said with a gentle smile walking away.

I turned back to Neteyam and looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry," I said quietly looking away.

"We're all here for you and want what best," he said walking over to me slightly grabbing my face. "I am here with you no matter what,"

I looked into his eyes with a glimmer of hope. He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the tree. He grabbed the limbs, "connecting to this tree can seem scary but it will help I think,"

I was behind him looking at the limbs he was holding. He looked behind himself to me with hope I'd listen. He handed me the limbs lightly and I took them looking into his eyes.

This moment felt special and peaceful. Neteyam went behind me and held my waste as I leaned onto him a little. He brushed my hair to the side and lightly pushed my Queue forward onto my chest. He held up the end as I took it our hands brushing against each other.

"Your going to connect your Queue to the limbs," he said softly behind me. He moved his hand from my waist to my stomach and used his other hand guiding my arm.

I connected my Queue to the limbs of my tree and took a deep breath in closing my eyes. I understood why Neteyam put himself where he was. When I closed my eyes I could feel my soul being put into place. It was like I had the right puzzle piece just facing the wrong way.

Eywa took my soul and placed it in the right spot. "You're too young for all this pain, I cannot take it all away but i can help your soul," I heard her speak to me again. "Things may come and go but hold on tight, you are still a protector and soon a fierce warrior one day maybe even a leader"

It was like she was here helping me. I smiled feeling a relief of the void getting quieter. I felt better than I have been and felt alive again.

I opened my eyes and unconnected my Queue breathing steadier. I felt okay and smiled still feeling Neteyam hold onto me. I felt strong again.

I turned around with Neteyam holding me with a smile. He was looking back at me trying to see if I was okay, my ears were perked up and I was genuinely smiling. He smiled back at me pulling me into a hug. I could feel his breath and his heart beat, I didn't feel so far away from him.

"You're officially a Navi now" he told me

Neteyam grabbed my face and passionately kissed my lips. This is where I want to be, I felt his lips perfectly align with mine and it was like we were perfect for each other.

I pulled away looking into his eyes, "I see you Neteyam," I said with a lot of love behind my words.

He wasn't expecting me to say it and looked shock with a smile, " I see you too love," he said looking between my eyes.

"I want to be with you," I said lightly, "I just want us to be together, I want the label of being your girl," I said smiling.

He smiled back at me and looked at me happy. "I want to be with you too, but we don't have to mate if you don't want to, we still have so much time to grow, we can grow together until you're ready" he said to me reassuring me.

"I'd love that, and you're right we have so much more to grow and and we can do that without being mates, we can be like pre mates" I said giggling.

All Neteyam could do was enjoy this moment of me being me. "Pre mates it is," he said laughing at me. I stopped laughing and took in the moment. It was dark out and we were glowing under the tree.

"You're so Perfect, and I am so grateful for you," I said looking at his body. I looked back to his face and he had such an innocent smile.

"I'm grateful for you love, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you and you are my one true love, your eyes are so beautiful, and your freckles are perfectly placed onto your body." He said tracing his fingers across my freckles lightly.

I giggled and ran away from him wanting him to chase me. I joyfully yelled, "you make me feel alive Neteyam," spinning around and met his eyes. He started walking towards me so I started walking backwards again before turning around.

I swung myself around a tree to hid from him smiling. I was waiting for him to appear when I felt him grab my tail. I whipped around and walked backwards again. I slowly walked back until he picked up his pace and I turned and ran laughing.

I ran through the forest onto a log laying on the ground I saw the Lilly pad looking things floating and I spun with them gracefully for a second. I stayed there waiting for Neteyam. He ran over to me and picked me up by my waist holding me and spun me around. I placed my hands on his neck and laid my head back.

"You're like an Angel," he said to me looking up at me.

He set me down on the log and I was still holding onto his neck. We stood there staring at each other. I went to walk away but lost my balance not paying attention Neteyam grabbed me but I still took him down with me. We fell onto the soft grass and it glowed when we landed on it.

"You okay?" He asked and I smiled in response.

"We should just stay here," I said laying closer to him.

"If you want to that okay with me," he said pulling me closer to him. I felt like me again and ready to take on the world. I felt safe.

......................
I love writing this book so much!  It's letting me put my thoughts into reality